Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Looking for a Hemstitch Machine >

Looking for a Hemstitch Machine

Looking for a Hemstitch Machine

Old 09-16-2013, 02:56 PM

Default Looking for a Hemstitch Machine

Hi,
I'm looking for a hemstitch machine. I'm making table napkins with mitered corners and would like to add the "real" hemstitching to them. I plan on making lots of them for my new business - an events venue, and I'd like the ability to pick my own coordinating fabric for the seasonal napkins. What I need is a working machine, not one that I immediately need to refurbish or find parts for. I've already got a stack of napkins that would look beautiful if they had that extra touch of hemstitching.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:03 AM

Since no one posted a lead on a machine, would you consider using a hemstitching attachment instead? the main issue with them is that you need to make sure the PLATE fits the machine, the unit itself can be used on just about any low shank machine.

It would be a much lower cost alternative than to buy a machine specific to hemstitching, I would expect there are industrial machines that only do hemstitching, but I'd expect them to be on the expensive side.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:01 AM

Default Elna Supermatic Hemstitching

Originally Posted by qbhs View Post
Hi,
I'm looking for a hemstitch machine. I'm making table napkins with mitered corners and would like to add the "real" hemstitching to them. I plan on making lots of them for my new business - an events venue, and I'd like the ability to pick my own coordinating fabric for the seasonal napkins. What I need is a working machine, not one that I immediately need to refurbish or find parts for. I've already got a stack of napkins that would look beautiful if they had that extra touch of hemstitching.
If not already per used, here is a blogspot using the Elna Supermatic he stitching.

http://sewingbyday.blogspot.com/2012...ng-needle.html
Old 09-19-2013, 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=Macybaby;6301040]Since no one posted a...

Thanks Macybaby, I actually found a thread on this board where a guy who sells at flee markets from Florida was selling one but never sold it. He's sending me pictures of it. He's selling it for $1200.00. Says it needs a belt and a new motor. He says his computer is broken, so he's sending me an SD card with pictures and an example of what the hemstitch machine does on fabric. I should receive the pic and sample next week. I hope this guy is for real...