Major rehab

Old 04-09-2023, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

Default Major rehab

I don't know if this has been posted but it is fascinating!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMNgIfLHfjk
Old 04-09-2023, 03:28 PM

Wow! That's amazing! Makes you realize why restoration costs so much.
Old 04-09-2023, 04:02 PM

That is totally amazing! I never ever thought they could bring that machine back. Goes to prove I don't have a clue about restoration of a very clearly abused machine to something I would be proud to have in my house and sew on.
Old 04-09-2023, 04:57 PM

Thank you for posting this! What a great restoration! I suspect I will be collecting a few more anchors with the hopes that I too will be able to do this one day.
Old 04-09-2023, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

They don't build 'em like they used to, do they? I admire the person who had the know-how and the desire to do that restoration.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:15 PM

Wow! Just seeing the restoration of the wooden base that the machine sits in was an amazing feat in my eyes. I would never know what to do with all those screws/bolts, etc. after I got them all off the machine. This was amazing to watch.
Old 04-10-2023, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
Wow! Just seeing the restoration of the wooden base that the machine sits in was an amazing feat in my eyes. I would never know what to do with all those screws/bolts, etc. after I got them all off the machine. This was amazing to watch.
My husband has done a lot of engine restoration on cars. He keeps a box of baggies and takes pics and puts the screws/bolts in baggies labelled as to what they are to help him keep track. So far he's never ended up with extras. lol
Old 04-10-2023, 05:30 AM

I've never watched a machine be restored and in such a shape as this one. Awesome is all I can say. Amazing how he went thru so many processes and especially the one where he hooked up some wires to some sort of machine and the items in the container of some liquid. Just amazing and painstaking but came out so beautiful.
Old 04-10-2023, 11:28 AM

I too, was fascinated watching the restore. I can't believe how rusted and cruddy the machine was. I am not very mechanically inclined so this was way beyond me. The restore came out beautiful and should be in a museum instead of a daily use machine, IMO.
Old 04-11-2023, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
I've never watched a machine be restored and in such a shape as this one. Awesome is all I can say. Amazing how he went thru so many processes and especially the one where he hooked up some wires to some sort of machine and the items in the container of some liquid. Just amazing and painstaking but came out so beautiful.
Replating. This is something I definitely want to try some day. The electricity creates a current through the liquid which then pulls the metal from the washer (in his case) onto the sewing machine parts. Not sure what exactly he was plating with as he didn't say but the parts sure came out looking great.