Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Meet Yoshi - my new Kenmore! :)

Meet Yoshi - my new Kenmore! :)

Well, I just purchased this machine tonight! It's a Kenmore 158.17200. I'm calling him Yoshi! It's being shipped from Oklahoma and I really hope it gets here undamaged!! The sellers have assured me that they double box with a million pieces of styrofoam, tape, etc. so I'm hopeful.

Here are a couple of pics! It is supposedly in superb working and cosmetic condition! I wish it came with extra feet but I can just buy what I need when I need them.... first in line is a quilting foot! I'm so excited! can't wait til he gets here! I'll post more pics to this thread then...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    He looks very handsome! He must have been well taken care of. Have fun!

Very nice machine!!!! Enjoy!!!!

Oooooo, that's a purty one. And now I know what those orange cams ...... 'er fashion disks I've been seeing on Goodwill fit.

Ours does not use cams being a bit earlier model, but it sews realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllyyyy nice.

Did yours come with a case as well or just what we see?

Joe

Nope... no case. Just what is pictured. I'm so excited to sew on it!

I have one similar to this. It is similar to this and it is so smooth! I love to sew on it. Hope you have fun when he arrives!

Pat

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Nice looking Kenmore, that was the brand I had of the first sewing machine I ever had (20 years PLUS years ago!) and it worked for all those years making clothes for growing children and their friends ! Great job on picking out the machine and may you have many years of enjoyment out of it !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

That's a beautiful looking machine for used. Must have lived a pampered life. Enjoy!!!

I hate to throw water on your parade but this model has a super high shank and the feet aren't cheap. Ask me how I know... I have one and it sews great but if you have to buy the feet be prepared to pay through the nose. I would suggest getting an adapter so you can use the low shank feet. You can get them online for about $12. I bought mine new in 1973 or 74.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

Blog Entries
    How did you get my machine,....wait a minute.....Mine is right here on the floor. Oh OK. You will love this machine.
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

Congrats and have fun playing.

Hmmmm.... I guess the people who are selling it already have an adaptor because they told me it took low shank feet.

Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
    I hate to throw water on your parade but this model has a super high shank and the feet aren't cheap. Ask me how I know... I have one and it sews great but if you have to buy the feet be prepared to pay through the nose. I would suggest getting an adapter so you can use the low shank feet. You can get them online for about $12. I bought mine new in 1973 or 74.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovequilts722 View Post
    Hmmmm.... I guess the people who are selling it already have an adaptor because they told me it took low shank feet.

Thanks for the heads up!
    I have one listed for sale if you want it!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/items-s...6-t181694.html

$6 including shipping
    Last edited by AshleyR; 03-21-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added link and removed shipping charge
    You can have any design you want. As long as it's loops!