Montgomery Ward UHT J1277 ?

Old 09-02-2014, 05:30 PM

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but my folks bought me that very machine as a surprise in 1976. Yours bring back so many fond memories of the fun I had on that machine. Enjoy it!!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:29 AM

Princess was restrained,... from sliding forward, my tailgate latch decided not to. Its another way of coming up with donor parts!
Old 06-20-2016, 09:02 PM

Hello I wonder if you'd be willing to scan your UHT J1939 user manual for me and send it to my email. I've searched for one but all the sites want money for it.
Thank you Audre
Old 06-21-2016, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

I found one on the curb and brought it home. It was so beat up and at the time I couldn't find enough information on it. I put it back on the curb. I just decided I didn't want to be bothered with buying parts and all. It was gone after a day.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:00 PM

Default About your Sewing machine

Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
I have a machine very similar to yours. Mine is: Model No. UHT J1939 - mine is a "convertible bed" machine - which means that you could fold down the bed on it and then sew something like a sleeve on a shirt. Mine came with a box of 11 PLASTIC cams - black with white and red markings on them. Mine look identical to yours. But, I also have a black METAL cam that says ZIG ZAG on it. It just stays inside the little door on the top. In order to use the zig zag, you have to engage a lever inside the little door - press it down, I think. On page 24 of my book it tells you how to "zigzag sewing" - and says "inserting zigzag cam for zigzag stitching. I do not know if my machine came with the cam inserted in the proper place inside the little door on top, or if it was in the separate plastic box with the rest of the cams.

I love my machine. If you have any questions, please ask away.
I have the same machine, I bought it at auction, and it works better than my newer ones. I would love to have the manual to help with changing out parts/cams instead of guessing. It is somewhat the same as my old singer but still would like the real manual. Can you please make a pdf of your manual and send it to me? I'd be forever grateful.
If you don't know how to make a pdf, I'd be happy to help in that also.
Audreylw
Old 12-23-2016, 02:25 AM
Power Poster

Is someone has a manual could they post it on Victorian sweatshop forum? It's ok to post old manuals there. I need one, too.