Morse Ambassador

Old 07-07-2012, 02:14 AM
Power Poster

I viewed all of your pictures. You do need a new cord. I wish you had a good clear close up of all the dials in one picture - I tried to enlarge it but it went fuzzy. I can't tell how they interact from here. Do they turn at all? Mine was frozen up when I got it. The machine didn't turn and the dials were stuck stuck stuck. I used some Triflow and gave it a lot of time to work. I learned a lot about getting those knobs unstuck from my machine. Some of those machines have a release knob or lever before you can turn the dials. It may be frozen up - well worth the time to fix up. They are better than anything you can buy at WM these days. I never pay any attention to the numbers on those machines - way hard to find information. I just look the machine over with the top off and see what knob moves what inside the machine. If it doesn't move I drop a drop of Triflow on it - look for a JOINT of anything that might remotely move. There is no predicting how long it would take to work on any machine. Some machines free up in an hour or two some take weeks - mine took weeks. I have had to sit there for awhile figuring out all the knobs and levers and dials to figure out what combinations work. I figured out mine can't get the decorative stitches in the wide selection - has to be two or smaller. Mine has 3 stitches per design selection - it does a different stitch design if the needle is to the left, center or right.

Your zigzag dial looks like it has a lever above it - very hard to tell without being hands on. You may have to release it or set it after you get it to the width you want. You will have to gently experiment. Before you experiment much make sure everything is moving freely.

You can find lots of instructions to take out the bobbin and the shuttle. Look for a Singer 15 manual and it should tell you how to get it apart to clean and put back together. You can go by that info to use the bobbin.

The same Singer 15 manual should tell about the the two feed dog control buttons - left is for darning or free motion - right is for regular sewing. I think you can leave them both up for some light weight material - gives you 3 settings - some machines have a presser foot tension on the top of the shaft. Makes wonderful free motion.

Last edited by miriam; 07-07-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:38 AM
Power Poster

Did this machine ever get up and running?