Morse sewing machine

Old 01-19-2022, 12:10 PM

Default Morse sewing machine

Does anyone recognize the model of this Morse sewing machine?

How much do you think should be the price?
I’m looking into buying it for finishing the clothes I make, right now I only have a straight stitch machine.

Thanks 😊
Attached Thumbnails c0a8edb3-9577-44dd-bdc0-3c49fbaf45ea.jpeg  
Old 01-19-2022, 02:59 PM

Welcome to the boards.

I love Morse as a brand, I'm more familiar with slightly older models. They are sturdy, dependable, easy to maintain/fix and can sew just about anything -- but I value you them most for the straight stitch. You might check out this thread on Japanese Badged Machines.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/vbulle...s-t207877.html

I'd say in my area (Seattle), thrift store and garage sale prices would be only $20-40 dollars US and I sometimes see similar machines going for free on Craig's list. During 2020 when covid first hit and masks weren't mass produced working used machines were going for closer to $100 but prices have dropped back down as cheap Brother's and such are again available at Walmart.

Old 01-19-2022, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Welcome to the boards.

I love Morse as a brand, I'm more familiar with slightly older models. They are sturdy, dependable, easy to maintain/fix and can sew just about anything -- but I value you them most for the straight stitch. You might check out this thread on Japanese Badged Machines.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/vbulle...s-t207877.html

I'd say in my area (Seattle), thrift store and garage sale prices would be only $20-40 dollars US and I sometimes see similar machines going for free on Craig's list. During 2020 when covid first hit and masks weren't mass produced working used machines were going for closer to $100 but prices have dropped back down as cheap Brother's and such are again available at Walmart.
thank you! I’m trying to decide if I should buy it. I want to use it to finish the clothes I make, but I can’t find any details of this machine as I don’t have the model - just the serial number.

it’s good to hear that is a good brand! Maybe I will buy it and give it a try. It’s not as cheap in Canada tho ☹️