Moving a Singer 27 Treadle

Old 10-24-2013, 05:08 AM

I've also never taken one apart for transport, but I've always had the truck. However I have taken them completely apart. They were made to disassemble for easier transport, so you can take the drawers off the top, and take apart the base so you basically have three flat pieces. It would then take up very little room. I'm hoping to work a deal on a treadle machine while in GA - and if that happens I'll be taking it apart as much as possible to fit it in my car along with all the other stuff (got 25lbs of pecans and 20lbs peanuts also).
Old 10-24-2013, 07:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by juliequiltsalot View Post
By the way, do you all think $125 is a good deal? They look to be in good shape, and the cabinet has lots of beautiful scrollwork on the drawers and sides.
Sounds like a good deal to me!

I regularly take machines apart to transport. My best example of what Heather calls my "Swedish packing gene" was driving to Los Angeles in a 1999 Saturn (with Heather and both of my Daughters) and picking up a Howe Model B full treadle and the Wheeler Wilson #4 1/2 case treadle. BOTH fit in the trunk once taken apart and "Tetrised" in.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:59 AM

I finally figured out how to get back to this thread so I could report back. Thank you all for your help and advice. I did get the machine home. The bobbin winder broke while I was cleaning it, so I had to buy a replacement one on ebay, but other than that it cleaned up and is a dream to sew with. I love it![ATTACH=CONFIG]448454[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]448455[/ATTACH]I do not know why it is uploading these pictures upside down and sideways, they don't look that way in my picture file, and I don't see an option here to rotate them. Maybe you can twist around and get a good look? LOL
Attached Thumbnails pheasant-machine-finished-stitch.jpg   pheasant-machine-cabinet.jpg  
Old 11-24-2013, 06:12 AM

Default Flipped Your Photos For You

Nice unit, Julie.

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails juliequiltsalot01.jpg   juliequiltsalot02.jpg  
Old 11-24-2013, 06:36 AM

WOW! That's a beautiful machine & cabinet.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by juliequiltsalot View Post
I finally figured out how to get back to this thread so I could report back. Thank you all for your help and advice. I did get the machine home. The bobbin winder broke while I was cleaning it, so I had to buy a replacement one on ebay, but other than that it cleaned up and is a dream to sew with. I love it? I do not know why it is uploading these pictures upside down and sideways, they don't look that way in my picture file, and I don't see an option here to rotate them. Maybe you can twist around and get a good look? LOL
Did you take it apart to get in your G6?
Also, embarrassingly I found there is an up side and down side to smart phone cameras. It will correctly orient the picture for you and other cameras like yours, but not others. And, I consider myself a PDG photographer.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:13 AM

I did not have to take it apart! My daughter came home from school and we drove to Atlanta together in her Ford Focus hatchback. It fit in the back very easily. Good to know about pictures, and thanks for reorienting them for me, CD in Oklahoma.