My First Treadle Machine!

Old 12-07-2011, 04:28 PM

Beautiful machine, how wonderful for you, congrats.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:38 AM

Congratulations. Love those old machine.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:49 AM

I have a question to the treadle machine know abouts............I have one like the one pictured above, but mine has both sets of drawers, needle is complete, have the wooden box with a bunch of attachments, and a manual....it is in wonderful condition and yes it even sews..........I don't sew on it, it only sets there with some collectable sewing theme music boxes on its top....what is the actual value of this machine. I have had it over 10yrs now, bought it because it reminded me of what I learned to sew on as a young child (my mom's), but hers had the cover that was a box that you removed and then sat on...anyone ever see one like that....I foolishly let that go when both parents passed.....I am just curious about the one I have........As I am reading this post I am guessing this machine only has value to those of us who want them for what they are......old and pretty and still work. I wonder if the new ones we now have will have this kind of life span......

Last edited by Geri B; 12-08-2011 at 06:51 AM. Reason: add to
Old 12-08-2011, 07:11 AM

I heard the singer 66's only have value if you find someone that wants to buy them. Some in good condition have sold for $50-$100. Featherweights have sold for well over $100.00 on ebay. It just depends, I could be wrong though.

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I have a question to the treadle machine know abouts............I have one like the one pictured above, but mine has both sets of drawers, needle is complete, have the wooden box with a bunch of attachments, and a manual....it is in wonderful condition and yes it even sews..........I don't sew on it, it only sets there with some collectable sewing theme music boxes on its top....what is the actual value of this machine. I have had it over 10yrs now, bought it because it reminded me of what I learned to sew on as a young child (my mom's), but hers had the cover that was a box that you removed and then sat on...anyone ever see one like that....I foolishly let that go when both parents passed.....I am just curious about the one I have........As I am reading this post I am guessing this machine only has value to those of us who want them for what they are......old and pretty and still work. I wonder if the new ones we now have will have this kind of life span......
Old 12-15-2011, 07:14 PM

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine! (see my avatar). Doing the happy dance for you!!
Old 12-17-2011, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Val in IN View Post
Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine! (see my avatar). Doing the happy dance for you!!
Thank you! I do love your avatar! Happy Quilting!