My new Royal!

Old 04-11-2014, 06:30 PM

Nice, I like the 3/4 machines. I really like the face plate.

Jp
Old 04-11-2014, 06:51 PM

Nice looking machine! I'm another one that really likes the faceplate and Joe beat me to the question of whether it was aluminum or iron. I think you'll like sewing with it.
Rodney
Old 04-12-2014, 04:29 AM

I am excited to sew with her but it will be some time....it only has one cord coming out of the motor. It is a very short cord and there is no wiring for a controller. So I will have to rewire, etc. something I've only done once so I am sloooow. But the motor runs.....very fast as soon as it's plugged in. Well it isn't on a belt either. Lol. Lots of parts missing as I pointed out earlier. So far.......the needle clamp, foot controller, the tension control is not engaging so I have to figure out what's missing there. I assume I can use the 99 as a reference to try and figure out tension issue? It has a weird tension dial...no markings and really hard to tell where the disks are to put the thread.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:54 AM

Cogito,

Here's a pic of my SEWMOR 303. It's all but identical to your machine:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471275[/ATTACH]

From what I can see from your pics the top tension is missing the indicator ring and the number ring. There might be other parts missing too. So you may have to replace the entire top tension. I don't know where to get individual parts other than maybe your LSMG. A Singer unit should fit and would probably be easier to find.

For your tension instructions go here: { http://www.tfsr.org/publications/tec...machine_manual } they have exceptionally good pictures and instructions on how to fix and adjust them.

The needle clamp, slide plate, and feet, cord block and light ( If you need one) can be had from Sew-Classic.

I'll help as best I can, I do so like these little Japanese clones. If you need close up pics of anything just let me know and take you some.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails img_5138.jpg  
Old 04-12-2014, 05:51 AM

Joe, thank you so much for your offer to share your knowledge! You can be sure as I progress I will be asking for it. Cute SewMor by the way!
Old 04-12-2014, 05:55 AM

What a cutie pie!
Old 04-12-2014, 11:23 AM

Your Royal looks almost exactly like my 2 Spartans. The Spartans weigh in at about 25 lbs. and the base measures 12" x 6-1/2". My Spartans came in a plastic box that is attached to a stud under the machine. They came without any top cover and there is no place to attach one anyhow. These little machine are real workhorses and have a .7 amp motor making them almost twice as powerful as the ever popular 221 Featherweight. Spartans are my favorite machines. I am starting to piece together table runners tonight with one. That Royal sure is pretty.

Rodney in Ponchatoula, La
Old 04-12-2014, 01:01 PM

That sure is a pretty machine. I'd better warn you, though, those clones are quite addictive especially once you find out about all the wonderful colors they come in, plus they are just plain awesome sew-ers.