My new Tan Featherweight

Old 03-23-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mamatron
Congrats! I am a new Featherweight owner too. I will have to look for that tutorial. But I don't think I will wash the dogs and car, maybe just the car.
Thanks! I probably should have skipped the car, it's already covered in pollen again. lol
Old 03-23-2011, 02:45 PM

Wow! I really like the tan FW. It looks almost new.

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
Originally Posted by jackrussell1987

While picking up what I needed from the auto store, I *might* have felt just a little guilty about not remembering when the last time I even considered washing my car was, so I picked up stuff to do that too. The dog was getting a little bit smelly too, so...yep...she got a bath today too.
The last clean picture is just too funny!
I agree....that picture is hilarious. Hey....my car and my dogs need a bath, too. How much do you charge? :mrgreen:
Old 03-23-2011, 02:52 PM

Then they really are twins! Mine has the Canadian motor and all. She doesn't have a name yet though.
Will you need to use a converter for it? I got my first FW from someone in Canada and it needs a converter. Mine is a Scotland version.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Wow! I really like the tan FW. It looks almost new.

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie

While picking up what I needed from the auto store, I *might* have felt just a little guilty about not remembering when the last time I even considered washing my car was, so I picked up stuff to do that too. The dog was getting a little bit smelly too, so...yep...she got a bath today too.
The last clean picture is just too funny!
I agree....that picture is hilarious. Hey....my car and my dogs need a bath, too. How much do you charge? :mrgreen:
Thanks! It's definitely looking better than when I picked it up.

The dog is REALLY mad at me now. Took her to the beach today and she needed another bath when we got home. lol
Old 03-23-2011, 04:44 PM

Then they really are twins! Mine has the Canadian motor and all. She doesn't have a name yet though.
Will you need to use a converter for it? I got my first FW from someone in Canada and it needs a converter. Mine is a Scotland version.
It doesn't seem to need to. Mine's a Scotland version too, but the motor was made in Canada. The US standard is 110 Volts of electricity and the motor say 110-120 volts, so it shouldn't need anything. I haven't run it for very long yet, I'm waiting for replacement bed cushions because right now it just slides around my work surface. But so far neither the motor nor the foot controller have gotten hot when running.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:20 PM

USA and Canada both use 110 voltage. As long as your FW has a 110v motor, you don't need a converter box.
Sharon W.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:38 PM

I hope that you enjoy your new machine
Old 03-23-2011, 07:54 PM

Ooooh! I love that FW. I wonder how many tan or osther color FWs there are still around.The car & the dog are sparkling too. I had my car in for servicing on mon. & they washed it, but you should see it today. I was taking a quilting class about 20 minutes out of town & there was a lot of ice & slush. But that's what we have to live with here in Saskatchewan. It'll get better again & I really enjoyed the class. So what if I have to wash it again. I took "Bargello with a Twist" by Maggie Ball. At least we don't have earthquakes or floods.There is always something to be thankful for.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Greeter Eva
Ooooh! I love that FW. I wonder how many tan or osther color FWs there are still around.The car & the dog are sparkling too. I had my car in for servicing on mon. & they washed it, but you should see it today. I was taking a quilting class about 20 minutes out of town & there was a lot of ice & slush. But that's what we have to live with here in Saskatchewan. It'll get better again & I really enjoyed the class. So what if I have to wash it again. I took "Bargello with a Twist" by Maggie Ball. At least we don't have earthquakes or floods.There is always something to be thankful for.
Thanks. I cleaned all 3 Sunday. Now the pollen is out in full force so my car is green instead of blue. Then I took the dog to the beach today and she had to have another bath when we got home. Pretty sure she's mad at me now. Sounds like an interesting class.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:56 PM

Congrats on your new Tan Baby Girl!