My vintage case re-do

Old 05-11-2014, 05:48 AM

Yeah, I was thinking vintage patters and pattern envelope artwork also. I just got a nice old case from GW that is perfect for my 201, a little moldy on the covering and it peeled right off.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK View Post
That looks amazing!! Ooooh....I have a very tatty case on a Singer 201k I got recently on Freecycle...might just have to try this!!!
Nice score! The bottom of that case is awesome. I can't recall seeing one like that before.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

I found this on Pinterest
Old 05-28-2018, 07:08 AM

You can post anything on Pinterest whether it's your photo or not. It's purpose is for "re-posting" other's photos. Some sites encourage you to post their photos on Pinterest as it sometimes increases traffic to their site. (Search engines are now programmed to include social media hits into their algorithms for ranking sites.) Food sites are particularly happy to get their photos on Pinterest.

There's not much you can do about it. A friend had a photo "stolen" from a post on Gardenweb and published in a brochure. She contacted the nursery who said they paid someone to find them the photos and they would not delete her photo. I had a photo posted on Gardenweb, that I also posted to the hostalibrary.org (which specifically says that photos cannot be used other places without the permission of the donor/owner) that was used in an online catalog by a hosta vendor. I knew and liked the vendor, so I did not complain. He's since taken it down.

Again, there's not much you can do about it. QB is really picky about posting photos, but most sites are not. Pinterest and Instagram encourage it. The "bots" sent out by the search engines vacuum up all photos posted anywhere. The search engines then post them online, making them easy to find so others can help themselves.

bkay
Old 05-28-2018, 07:19 AM

Good job you did. I have a few oldies that need this type of work.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:27 PM

Awesome case redo! Love the maps.