Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: This is near me for $85

This is near me for $85

I think it's a Brother clone? Says HA2. What say y'all?

Name:  HA2 Mitsubishi.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  80.4 KB

Interesting machine, I don't think I've seen a Mitsubishi before. Those hard angles at the pillar and top are interesting. I wonder what the rest of the case is. I'd want to see it sew before I considered such a price. But then again, I have too many anyway.
    "Sacrifices must be made." Otto Lilienthal

I say it's pretty.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

It's a bit pricey. I assume it's a straight stitch machine, but it looks like it has a zigzag foot, broken spool pin (plastic?), and I'm wondering if the hand wheel is a replacement. All of the post war Japanese sewing machines I have have seen have been electrical from the start, but I guess some could have been hand cranks converted to electrical later on. The large spoked hand wheels usually are for hand crank or treadle. I'm sure you can get it running again, all metal straight stitchers are worth the chance. If it runs and stitches, I guess it should be an easy fixup. All metal cast iron zigzaggers tend to cost a bit more than the average 15 clone, but I dont think it is a swing arm model.