Necchi Help!

Old 05-10-2014, 02:23 AM

Default Necchi Help!

Hello!

I have a few questions...

I have a Necchi Supernova, but when I purchased it didn't have a foot control. The machine still has it's original cord and wiring.

So is rewiring the machine going to be difficult?

Can a Sewing Machine Repair place or Electrician rewire it?

The only foot control I can find online are not for Australian power outlets, any one know a way around that?

Hope that all makes sense
Old 05-10-2014, 03:04 AM

They convert well to a treadle.Here in Brisbane I am still trying to find a repair person who will even look at the old machines without charging huge $$$
Old 05-10-2014, 04:47 AM

Maybe use a voltage converter?

Not all of the Supernovas convert to treadle, as they don't all have the cutout in the bed.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by sbhomegrown View Post
I have a Necchi Supernova, but when I purchased it didn't have a foot control. The machine still has it's original cord and wiring.
Many of the machines I've bought have had their FCs replaced with either the common Taiwanese made one, or an old Wernard. My Supernova worked beautifully with a Taiwanese one. They all do the same thing so you should have no problem replacing it. The FC is just a variable resistor, and any sewing shop will be able to do this for you. I would do it myself as I'm competent with electrics. If you aren't I suggest a fixed quote before getting it done: It might cost more than the machine.

My Supernova Ultra II was a fantastic sewing machine, incidentally. My GF is sorry I sold it (she wanted it). Extremely smooth and very heavy duty (and heavy).

EDIT: Oh, and I'm assuming the power switcher is correctly set to 240V and voltage isn't an issue here
Old 05-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Power Poster

My Supernova Ultra II was a fantastic sewing machine, incidentally. My GF is sorry I sold it (she wanted it). Extremely smooth and very heavy duty (and heavy).

Was that an OOPS?
Old 05-10-2014, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
Was that an OOPS?
If you mean did I accidentally sell it, no. I was testing it the night before my garage sale and was so struck by its smoothness that I asked her to come over and try it out. I saw it in her eyes (you know... that look) and she said that if it didn't sell she wanted it. I put $120 on it and it was snapped up by the very first person who sewed on it. GF was disappointed but there are always more machines (particularly Necchis which aren't worth a lot here for some reason). I didn't get in trouble