Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Need help butterfly vintage shanghai 12 >

Need help butterfly vintage shanghai 12

Need help butterfly vintage shanghai 12

Old 04-22-2020, 05:14 PM

Default Need help butterfly vintage shanghai 12

If anyone has access to - or can point me in the direction of a user manual for my Butterfly vintage sewing machine - (Peoples Republic of China engraving - Shanghai 12 engraved on the bottom - unable to locate other serial information).
So far I have only been able to come across a picture of a manual that appears to be stored in a museum in Singapore - and if I ever go to Singapore I might not come back to Philly to work on my machine.
I’m new to sewing in general - but I have a desire to make drapes and one day some hats - but mostly want to fix my ripped work pants.
please shed some light and hold the satire lest I place my lips under the needle and never speak again 🤐
t.y.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-23-2020 at 04:01 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 04-22-2020, 07:04 PM

Welcome. Since you didn't include a picture, I'm going to guess that it looks like the one in post #5 of the thread Will the Real 15 clone please stand up Which would mean that it is a 15 clone. A manual for a similar machine can be found at https://www.singer.com/support and put 1305 in the box to the left of the red box that says "View Manuals" Click on the "View Manuals" You can download or read the manual from the result. Your machine may have a few differences, but is a good start.

To post pictures on Quilting Board you can find a pdf at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 04-22-2020 at 07:15 PM. Reason: clarification