Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
need help finding an attachment foot >

need help finding an attachment foot

need help finding an attachment foot

Old 09-17-2017, 11:05 AM

Default need help finding an attachment foot

I have a Kenmore model 158.17600 that I acquired at a flea market. I have bought various feet and
a buttonholder and some cams for it.
The one attachment foot I cannot seem to find is the Buttonhole foot.
It is a tall blank shank and a clear flat, square bottom.
Is there anyone on here that has one I can buy? I know a lot of you buy attachment sets for all machines and do
I thought I might get lucky. I have searched the internet and no, Sewing Parts on line does not have it, they show it but say that it is no longer available.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 09-17-2017, 07:40 PM

Have you tried eBay?
Old 09-18-2017, 03:59 AM

I bought a sewing machine repairman out. His inventory (extensive stash of parts) consists of 3 other people he had bought out. I have oceans of boxes I have not even gone through. Some of the stuff is labeled and some is not. Do you have a picture of what I would be looking for? I might not be too far from you and you could come help me look. Please PM me.

Marcia
Old 09-26-2017, 07:50 PM

Did you find this foot?
Old 09-27-2017, 02:49 AM

Well, with a little determination, patience and ebay I found a box set with not only the buttonhole foot, but also the Q foot, straight stitch, zigzag, satin stitch, button or darning foot, clear plastic applique foot, screwdrivers, light bulb, zipper foot, quilting guide, whole buttonhole attachment with all 5 cams, straight stitch needle plate, and bobbin case for just $22.00 It arrived Monday. Then same guy had the complete set of decorative cams for it and I bought those too as my set was missing 10 of them and had some duplicates. Total cost for machine, accessories and cams comes to $65.00. When hubby bought mine 40 years ago (mine was the model without the cams) we paid $368.00 for my machine and the one with cams was priced at $458.00 My son now has my original machine and I have this one. Guess waiting 40 years got me a bargain huh?! Thanks to all who tried to help.