Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Need help with Husqvarna Viking 51 >

Need help with Husqvarna Viking 51

Need help with Husqvarna Viking 51

Old 08-21-2020, 04:39 AM

Default Need help with Husqvarna Viking 51

I bought a vintage Huqsvarna Viking type 51 the other day. There's a short and relatively comprehensive review in YouTube about it which ia really helpful. I wanted to know where I can get the cams and manual and other accessories/ parts for this model. I was told the cams for the Viking 21 series are also compatible with the model 51. 😁 Thank you!
Old 08-21-2020, 01:17 PM

Hello & Welcome!

I don't know your machine but suggest checking on-line to see if they are available. Do you have a local dealer to ask? They may have information about your machine too.

Good luck!
Old 08-21-2020, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by kikaytinay View Post
I bought a vintage Huqsvarna Viking type 51 the other day. There's a short and relatively comprehensive review in YouTube about it which ia really helpful. I wanted to know where I can get the cams and manual and other accessories/ parts for this model. I was told the cams for the Viking 21 series are also compatible with the model 51. 😁 Thank you!
If it's vintage, you probably can't get the cams from the dealer. It won't hurt to try, though. You may be able to get the manual from them, though. If not, a copy is probably available online for a few dollars.
First thing you need to know about the cams is what they look like. Chances are that whomever has them doesn't know what they fit. I once bought some accessories for a really old sewing machine at an estate sale for $1.00 (sent them to Leon) along with some strange looking brass bobbins (sent them to Skip). They had sold the machine earlier that day, but didn't recognize that the parts went with it. Haunt ebay, the goodwill auction site and places like that that sell collectables and old sewing machines.
bkay