Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Need help identifying a machine >

Need help identifying a machine

Need help identifying a machine

Old 12-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Power Poster

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...v-t167789.html
here is a link to Muv's videos - these are very well done and she will show you how to clean up your machine and get it working!!! Ismac has a manual. Check out the copies of your machine here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...p-t164361.html Have fun - these are cool machines!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:58 AM

Looks like a nice machine and I know you will enjoy it. Not sure why they would put tape on the belt. But maybe they just wanted to cover the staple that joins the two ends. Depending on the condition of the leather you may still be able to use it. Some use dental floss to sew the ends together instead of the staple. I don't think tape will hold it together for it to be used.

Looks like a nice 15 and possibly the "Tiffany" or "Gingerbread" decals.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:22 PM

I picked up my new to me treadle. I think the serial number is G3936193. I went to the SingerCo site and it says that it was manufactured in 1915 but I don't know how to find out the model from the serial number. I think it has the Gingerbread decals. It will be a lot more work to bring this back than I orginally thought but I think I am up to the challenge. I have been reading the Vintage Sewing Machine posts. There is a lot of good information there. But I am only up to page 86. I think there are 1000 more to go. But I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into it and I am learning so much.
The cabinet is is pretty nice shape. The laminate top is all there. Just a few paint drips on it. The metal legs are rusty but in good shape. The sewing machine is rusty but all the parts turn. And it even has the key and it works.
I look forward to make this machine look as nice as some of the ones I have seen here.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Colleen
Upstate NY
Old 12-10-2011, 01:07 PM

I took two pictures to help identify it. I am having a hard time reading the serial number.

Colleen
Attached Thumbnails treadle-12.10.11-002.jpg   treadle-12.10.11-001.jpg