Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Need more information on my find! Model B Minnesota sewing machine >

Need more information on my find! Model B Minnesota sewing machine

Need more information on my find! Model B Minnesota sewing machine

Old 09-20-2021, 09:31 AM

Default Need more information on my find! Model B Minnesota sewing machine

So I just bought a house and the previous owner left behind some goodies and included was a, Minnesota model B sewing machine, and I don't have a clue what it could be worth or if it is worth anything. This machine appears to be in a good working order and does not appear to be damaged.

Any information or tips on what to look for and or if I should invest any time into this, please let me know!
Old 09-20-2021, 09:46 AM

Minnesota machines were sold by Sears. They had a few different suppliers. Most likely it is a vibrating shuttle machine..
Good working things. Most can be revived with just sewing machine oil, and getting thread fluff out of the vital parts. How is it powered? pics. You will need to make them small.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
Minnesota machines were sold by Sears. They had a few different suppliers. Most likely it is a vibrating shuttle machine..
Good working things. Most can be revived with just sewing machine oil, and getting thread fluff out of the vital parts. How is it powered? pics. You will need to make them small.
Im having a very hard time uploading photos but this is the only picture I could get to upload...
Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  
Old 09-20-2021, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
Finally got the other pictures to upload, here are some more. sorry to reply to your comment twice..
Attached Thumbnails 3-2-.jpg   2-2-.jpg  
Old 09-20-2021, 01:22 PM

It's a great looking machine. You can find some information about it here

https://ismacs.net/sears/sears.html

Investing time in it and what to look for depends on what you want to do. If you want to use it you will need a treadle belt, and hopefully there's a shuttle under the slide plates running front to back by the needle.

If you want to sell it you can sell it "as is" or get the belt, oil it up, test it and then sell it as working. What's it worth? Probably not as much as you'd hope. The market where I am, near St Louis, is not very good for selling machines in working condition, at least not on craigslist.
Old 09-20-2021, 05:22 PM

here is what JoeJr is referring to in a shuttle under the slide plate. The bobbins go into the shuttle. https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...738-579298.jpg

Very nice looking machine. Glad to have the extra shot since it gave me a better look. I love that old parlor cabinet, though I cringe at the paint.