Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New babies

New babies

Going to pick these two new additions to the herd tomorrow. Has anyone ever heard of a Bond machine? I figure it's another 15 clone, but we share the same birth year, so it was calling me and the poor little Spartan just looks lonely!

Name:  1953 Bond.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  43.0 KBName:  Spartan 192.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  26.2 KB

LOVE that Bond machine!

oh, and i think the spartan is simply adorable! what a charming little machine! they're both great - have fun!

Me too. It reminds me of an old milkshake machine.

Did I pay too much? $110 for both? DH thinks I spend waaaay too much money on machines, but I can't help it!

my criteria for "is it too much?" is "do i love looking at it? do i have enough $$ to buy it?" you could blow $110 on a lot of things that (i would think) might not give you as much pleasure as those machines. one night in a hotel, for example.

I have never heard of a Bond machine but it is kool----and I love the lonely little Spartan......I still want one

Me too! I would be happy to have a Spartan. I've never seen a Bond but it looks like a fun machine to own. I would want to have both too.

Blog Entries
    Great machines! Are you going to name the Bond machine James?
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Ditto. You gotta name the Bond machine James. The Bond is not a Singer 15 clone. It is likely a Brother or Necchi clone of some sort. As far a how much to pay that is up to you. You have made the seller and yourself happy. That is what counts.
    Sweet Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Ditto. You gotta name the Bond machine James.
    Too funny! Love it! It does look like a neat machine to have and I think the Spartan is adorable.

love your machines. never heard of the bond. it is a nice machine.. lucky you..
    ​debra

Both terrific. Is the Spartan FW size? It looks small, but hard to tell. James for the Bond, yes. Helen of Troy was from Sparta, so I'd call that one Helen. Better than all those warriors.
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
    Great machines! Are you going to name the Bond machine James?
    I've trying to think of names but never thought of James. That is too perfect! James, he is!

Yeah! When I got these 2, he showed me 2 more that he was working on, so I'm gonna get those, as well. One is a pink Atlas and the other is a baby blue Free Westinghouse. and so the herd continues to grow.....

Personally I think the Bond machine should be named Sean. Everyone knows he was the Real Bond!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkCastleDH View Post
    Personally I think the Bond machine should be named Sean. Everyone knows he was the Real Bond!
    LOL! My SIL is named Sean (after Sean Connery). When his dad was in Viet Nam, his mom watched all of Sean Connery's movies. When their little son was born, he was Sean. It took her a while to tell his dad why she liked that name so well!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
    Both terrific. Is the Spartan FW size? It looks small, but hard to tell. James for the Bond, yes. Helen of Troy was from Sparta, so I'd call that one Helen. Better than all those warriors.
    LOL! I will have to set Helen beside my FW and compare. I'm thinking she might be a tad bigger, but will double check tomorrow!