New home Model E?

Old 08-06-2018, 02:08 AM

Default New home Model E?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]598970[/ATTACH]

I believe this is a model E? Can Anyone tell me anything about this machine and where i might find parts? I got it free from a lady who said it didnt work, however it seems to work fine. The rubber piece that connects to the motor to run the machine has a couple divets in it and I'd like to see if I can replace it if possible plus get an extra bobbin case for it.
Attached Thumbnails new-home.jpg  
Old 08-06-2018, 03:57 AM

Sew Classic might have a new friction wheel for the motor, for hard to find parts I have often been lucky on ebay. There are a few people you can contact like Cindy Peters; she has a facebook page called Stitches in Time. With a bit of patience other's here might identify the correct type bobbin and bobbin case. As a temporary solution some have managed to sand down the rubber to even out bumps and wear. To get better grip some have even used a resin cube for a violin bow with success.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:42 AM

Looks kinda familiar. Mine stitches, but I haven't worked it hard or needed parts.

https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...653-586317.jpg
Old 08-06-2018, 08:38 AM

It is made by Free, after they bought the New Home company and turned the name into a badged name. You may find it easier to find supplies looking under Free instead of New Home. If you look under New Home, you have to make sure you are getting those that fit machines made by Free, and not those made to fit a machine made by New Home or one of the companies that bought the "New Home" name after Free went out of business.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:47 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599028[/ATTACH]Westinghouse is involved, too. This is a Westinghouse motor on a New Home.

No easy answers sometimes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599029[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails westinghouse-motor-friction-drive-new-home.-b.jpg   westinghouse-motor-drive-detents-b.jpg  
Old 08-07-2018, 06:21 AM

Free/Westinghouse are related. Not sure the connection but you'll find Westinghouse motors on a lot of those machines. I remember when Free/Westinghouse was considered a "brand" name.

it's possible that Westinghouse bought the Free Company, now days trying to track down who actually owns what is even harder.