New Wheeler VS machine

Old 07-15-2018, 05:04 PM

Default New Wheeler VS machine

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597923[/ATTACH]

I just bought this vibrating shuttle machine. The little back plate (that’s missing in the picture) states that this is an A.G. Mason machine. I haven’t been able to find any information about it. I was hoping someone on here might know if White bobbins would work in the shuttle. It seems that I have none. Also, any other information would be helpful. I’m not sure how to insert the shuttle once I’ve acquired bobbins and generally need a lot of help and hand holding while I attempt to learn how to use this machine providing I can get it to work. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails 88fd6a67-8615-4500-bcc1-6fc3b05708fc.jpeg  
Old 07-15-2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Craftymom25 View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597923[/ATTACH]

I just bought this vibrating shuttle machine. The little back plate (that’s missing in the picture) states that this is an A.G. Mason machine. I haven’t been able to find any information about it. I was hoping someone on here might know if White bobbins would work in the shuttle. It seems that I have none. Also, any other information would be helpful. I’m not sure how to insert the shuttle once I’ve acquired bobbins and generally need a lot of help and hand holding while I attempt to learn how to use this machine providing I can get it to work. Thanks in advance!
Great looking Mason. Yes, you need the White hollow core bobbin and shuttle. They are somewhat scarce but if you watch ebay some will turn up. Probably the best place to start is with the manual. If you don't already have one you can get a Singer 27 manual from Singer.com or ismacs which is similar. These use a discontinued long needle, 20x1. They can be purchased or you can lower a 15x1 about 3/16".

Jon