Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Omni Stitch 1000 Embellisher Machine >

Omni Stitch 1000 Embellisher Machine

Omni Stitch 1000 Embellisher Machine

Old 05-12-2020, 09:51 PM

Default Omni Stitch 1000 Embellisher Machine

I am in need of a User Manual, or where to access. Tks
also does anyone know where I might find the multi needles to fit?
tks much
Old 05-13-2020, 05:38 AM

Looks like there is a Facebook group for the Omni Stitch Embellisher machine. You might try there.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:49 AM

It looks like there are a couple versions of Omni Stitch 1000. Not too many embellish machines seen here on Quilting Board. There are some youtube videos.

We like pictures. You will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button,

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:39 PM

I picked one up a couple years ago at a local Goodwill. It doesn't appear to have ever been used. There was a glut of them in this area. The importer/distributor had their headquarters right next door to the company I worked for. At the time I didn't know their business, or care. That was in the early 90's.

Anyway, the machine itself is nothing but a "15 clone" with the feed dog mechanism eliminated and a presser bar lift mechanism added inside the front cover, so it hops. It takes a different needle however than clones (DBx1.) Other than that any clone manual will work, except for the couching guide feet.

The couching feet came in a separate kit and had it's own manual for mounting and usage. Where to get a spare I have no clue. You might try searching Omni-stitch couching attachment manual.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:34 PM

oldmanquilts, you must have a Glennen Omnistitch. Evidently, there is another Omnistitch OS 1000 as seen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2vEUJ7n1Mo and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmKtPb0RErc

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 05-13-2020, 07:27 PM

Nope, that's the one I have.