Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Paragon Treadle Sewing Machine >

Paragon Treadle Sewing Machine

Paragon Treadle Sewing Machine

Old 08-12-2020, 07:34 AM

Default Paragon Treadle Sewing Machine

Hi. I recently acquired a Paragon treadle sewing machine that was made by the Standard Sewing Machine Company. She runs and has most of the supplies but is missing the manual. Does anyone know where I can get a copy or download of this manual? Thanks.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:43 PM

Tough question. I am guessing that your Paragon may be a vibrating shuttle with leaf tension???

The closest I could find was for a rotary with side tension. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2P3...FTVV9QcVU/edit

good luck and welcome aboard
Old 08-12-2020, 01:13 PM

Thank you for your response. It's a vibrating (long bobbin) shuttle. I've found a download for an 1891 Singer VS1 that has some similarities. Just working on getting her cleaned up. I realize the this machine is rather an odd duck. Just hoping I could find a copy of the original manual out there. I'm going to keep looking.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by thomascomputer View Post
Thank you for your response. It's a vibrating (long bobbin) shuttle. I've found a download for an 1891 Singer VS1 that has some similarities. Just working on getting her cleaned up. I realize the this machine is rather an odd duck. Just hoping I could find a copy of the original manual out there. I'm going to keep looking.
From my understanding Davis also made a machine that was badged "Paragon." I'm not positive, but I think that the Davis made machine had a squarish needle plate and the stitch length regulator was on the pillar. I think the Standard Paragon had a roundish needle plate with the stitch length regulator on the bed, under the bobbin winder.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "reply" button works to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.

Additionally, when I have tried to "insert" pictures, it will take a while even if it is just one picture, after clicking on the paperclip icon. (This is after you have hit the "Upload" button and closed that window.) You will see the "busy" icon at the top of the page or tab spinning for a while before it list the pictures that it will attach.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
From my understanding Davis also made a machine that was badged "Paragon." I'm not positive, but I think that the Davis made machine had a squarish needle plate and the stitch length regulator was on the pillar. I think the Standard Paragon had a roundish needle plate with the stitch length regulator on the bed, under the bobbin winder.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "reply" button works to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.

Additionally, when I have tried to "insert" pictures, it will take a while even if it is just one picture, after clicking on the paperclip icon. (This is after you have hit the "Upload" button and closed that window.) You will see the "busy" icon at the top of the page or tab spinning for a while before it list the pictures that it will attach.

Thank you. Here's a picture of the old girl.
Attached Thumbnails standardparagon-.jpg  
Old 08-13-2020, 12:31 PM

but not a leaf tension..yea the Singer manual may be most helpful
Old 08-14-2020, 04:18 AM

Nice looking machine. How does it sew?

Old 03-11-2021, 12:20 PM

I don't know if you're still looking for the manual for this, but I just got one at an estate sale. It may be for a slightly older model than yours as the hole in the table shows a circle and not a slot. The manual is readable, but folded and in bad shape. I also have a box of attachments. The estate sale wasn't orderly, and I didn't see the machine this goes to.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:25 PM

[email protected]

Welcome to the board and thanks for being helpful on your first post.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:14 AM

Default found one

Originally Posted by thomascomputer View Post
I just got one with manual if still interested