Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Penny's husband posted this on Facebook >

Penny's husband posted this on Facebook

Penny's husband posted this on Facebook

Old 11-11-2012, 05:54 AM

Proud of you, Don. The tailor I apprenticed under made suits for kings and famous diplomats and I felt so honored while studying under him. He always told me that tailoring and sewing as well would be lost arts if we didn't pass on the knowledge. He was a fine man, a great tailor as well as a fantastic human being. He only used a couple of vintage machines as the majority of his suits were done by hand. Men that can't handle doing 'women things' are just jealous that they aren't man enough to do whatever they want. And, being a woman that can handle a saw or hammer drill, I feel the same way for women doing whatever they want.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:02 AM

Have you been in the "vintage sewing machine shop" here on the board? If not you should visit us sometime. These sewing ladies are additive. There are men in the shop and most of our husbands like to work on the machines as much as the women like to sew on them. So come join us and pull up a chair with a cup of coffee or tea have a cookie or two and talk sewing machines. You have already met one by the name of Joe.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:29 AM

Was there supposed to be a picture or a link to FB?
Old 11-11-2012, 07:50 AM

Jean,Here's how to get to the sewing machine shop. Don't know if that is what you were asking or not.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...ll-t43881-1963.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:07 PM

I agree with you, Don. Sewing is not just for women. My DH's hobby is digitizing and stitching machine embroidery designs. He worked in the computer field his entire career (45 years). Now that he is retired, he has more time to create beautiful embroidery designs. I have a Babylock Ellisimo sewing/embroidery machine. He has a Babylock Enterprise 10 needle embroidery machine. He just finished a Christmas street scene insert for the fireplace screen that he built. He has made several different scenes that he changes with the seasons. I love to embroider and quilt, but I leave the digitizing to him. He is much better at it than I am. We enjoy working on our hobbies together.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:47 AM

How do you do it I would love for my husband to get involved and quilt with me.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 AM

Is there supposed to be a picture with this post?
Old 11-13-2012, 11:12 AM

No I don't believe there is supoused to be a pic with the post; I believe the FB post WAS this gentlemans profession to the public world that he enjoys sewing despite that most of the world thinks of it as a woman's hobby. That was the point of the thread. And we are simply congratulating him on being awesome and not being ashamed of enjoying the hobby. No pic. Guess he high jacked his wifes Facebook and login for this site to make the post.