Pfaff 130 for Ruler Quilting

Old 06-16-2020, 01:47 PM

Default Pfaff 130 for Ruler Quilting

I did a quick Google search for anyone who uses a Pfaff 130 for quilting, or more specifically ruler quilting. I found nothing. I'm sure others do, but just don't publish it online. So I thought I would share what I've been playing around with.

I bought the low shank Westlee ruler set for domestic sewing machines originally for my Singer 15-91, but the presser foot bar is too low for the rulers to slide under easily. Nothing I could do would fix it, other than perhaps cutting an 1/8" off it! Which I don't want to do! I honestly didn't know if the ruler foot would fit on my Pfaff and google was no help. But it was either try it or return the set of rulers. I tried it and was thrilled that the foot fits perfectly and the rulers slid under the presser foot bar just right! I played with a few practice pieces and then started the quilting project.

Tada! I'm happy with my new toys!

Attached Thumbnails img_20200615_104927876-2.jpg  
Old 06-16-2020, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

Westalee spin rulers are fun! Glad to see it is working for you.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:26 AM

So, the low shank rulers don't fit with a 15-91? I bought a set for my slant shank machines, but forgot that none of them drop the feed dogs. I thought maybe I should try it on my 15-91, which is really not set up to sew at this point.

Please let me know.
bkay
Old 06-17-2020, 02:14 AM

Bkay, the low shank rulers didn't fit on my 15-91, and the thumb screw for the presser foot was to big and kept jamming into the rulers. I've read of people using the low shank ruler set on their 201s well, but my 201 isn't set up to sew either. The rulers theoretically should have worked on my 15-91, but didn't, no matter how much I adjusted things. Maybe my machine is different, because even the designer of the Westlee rulers used them on her Featherweight.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:25 AM

That is good to know. I have several machines, and the Pfaff 130 and Pfaff 262 "oldies" are my favorite over the new digital machines when it comes to Free Motion Quilting. Have been tempted to try the ruler feet.