Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Positively My Last Machine, Maybe!!!!! >

Positively My Last Machine, Maybe!!!!!

Positively My Last Machine, Maybe!!!!!

Old 01-03-2015, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Blackberry,

55? You've lost count? Well, hmmmm, since you lost count you don't really so know how many you have right?
So then, why does it matter if you get more?

I have no clue how many I have. I'd probably be surprised if I ever put them all in one place. Maybe that's why I don't.

That's a nice looking Janome New Home. I like the color.

Joe
Joe, you are so right. Why does it matter and what's another machine. As we speak I am trolling CL to see if there is anything of interest today.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:49 PM

I saw that same machine at a thrift store for $5. I left it there thinking that someone who REALLY needed a machine would get it. I could kick myself over and over for not bringing it home. Two days later I went back to get it and it was gone...
Old 01-04-2015, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by dee1245 View Post
I saw that same machine at a thrift store for $5. I left it there thinking that someone who REALLY needed a machine would get it. I could kick myself over and over for not bringing it home. Two days later I went back to get it and it was gone...
They are always gone when we finally come to our senses!
Old 01-04-2015, 03:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dee1245 View Post
I've done that enough times that I've learned to grab it when I see it if it's something that makes my heart go pitter patter.

Cari
Old 01-09-2015, 06:53 AM

Very nice find!
Old 01-09-2015, 07:02 AM

Nice!! I have modern Janomes and they're great, I'd love to find a vintage lady like this one - I bet she sews great when you get her all tuned up. I love the green paint on this one, green is one of my most favorite colors. I dig the push-button feed dog selector too. Great find!
Old 01-09-2015, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by yobrosew View Post
They are always gone when we finally come to our senses!
LOL! Yes I have done that too often - you would think that I would stop second guessing myself by now

Your green machine looks like a nice one and I'm sure she will be one of your favourites
Old 01-09-2015, 02:14 PM

Most of us have said, "No more." I just now posted that I've purchased my last. But, I've decided we are empathetic persons who can't let something we know to be trustworthy and always ready to perform get thrown out. Kind of like people who collect cats and dogs. And, I bet most here have at least one cat or dog.

Nice machine Blackberry. You don't have to admit if you find another "keeper." I'm not going to. BTW, I quit counting at 30 and I've come to the addiction late in life. I love each one except a MW cam machine-my wife's original. But, being purchased new 50 yrs ago, we keep it for sentimental reasons. It was one of the first married purchases we made.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

Congrats on the nice find!