Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Possible National or Eldridge treadle machine >

Possible National or Eldridge treadle machine

Possible National or Eldridge treadle machine

Old 10-04-2021, 08:17 PM

Default Possible National or Eldridge treadle machine

So I was told that I have a National treadle machine. The only identifying number is under where the front slide plate is. 2495852 Which is missing and I would love to find one. Could anyone help me find out more info for my new machine.

*EDITED*
I do have a bobbin and bobbin case, Do I need to take pictures of that as well?

Attached Thumbnails screenshot_20211003-114621_facebook.jpg   screenshot_20211003-114610_facebook.jpg   12955.jpeg   12957.jpeg   screenshot_20211003-114635_facebook.jpg  

12958.jpeg   screenshot_20211003-114635_facebook.jpg  

Last edited by JessieWoolverton; 10-04-2021 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-05-2021, 05:56 AM

Welcome Jessie. Nice looking machine. There was someone recently that had a very similar machine. The only thing I would add to my post Bobbin winder tire? would be that I believe your model is a Vindex Type 2 as seen at http://needlebar.org/nbwiki/index.ph...uttle_Machines and as far as the slide plate, you may be able to find one on ebay, bonanza or similar. You want to be careful as there are many slide plates with different dimensions that look similar. Some have made their own.

The manual referred to in the link above is for an electric machine and bobbin winder is positioned differently, but the threading and oiling will work for your machine. Also if you want to see the rest of the thread of the above link it is Bobbin winder tire?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:00 AM

So looking at those links I think it may be a vindex type one. Only reason I say this is the type 1 decals match my decals. So any idea when it could have been produced? Google is no help at all.

Thanks so much for the info!
Old 10-06-2021, 05:57 AM

Actually, they both have the same decals. One just hasn't been cleaned and probably has dried oil and/or smoke on it making it darker. There isn't much difference that I can tell from the pictures. According to the page it says the #2 has a more rounded pillar and arm than the #1.

Unfortunately, I have not seen any serial number lists for National. I bought a paw foot machine thinking it was older, found out that it was probably from early 1940s.

Old 10-06-2021, 06:15 AM

What would have been the time frame for mine? Any ideas? And thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
Old 10-06-2021, 07:04 AM

I have no idea as to a time frame for this machine.