Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   9 patch on it's way (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/9-patch-its-way-t254240.html)

sdhaevrsi 10-26-2014 06:59 AM

Rodney and Olivia, what a wonderful, challenging project full of love and good wishes! I have had a nice morning cup of coffee while enjoying looking at each block and trying to see the variations in fabrics-and that is just from the photos! Ashlea will see new things every time she uses this.

It has turned out into such a happy "hug." You set the blocks well, and the sashing is as perfect as you could get.

Cari, thanks for your coming alongside Rodney, too!

Will we be able to get a closer picture of the label?

Rodney 10-26-2014 08:13 AM

There will be more pictures when it's quilted. It turns out I'm not quite done. I left one member's blocks in the envelope so there will be a couple small changes when I correct that error. I have some extra blocks that I made in the quilt so it's not a big deal to switch those ones out.
I'm just grateful she spotted the mistake and was kind enough to mention it.
I would have felt terrible if I found out after it was too late.
Thanks!
Rodney

costumegirl 10-26-2014 09:10 AM

Rodney - The quilt looks great!! You did such a terrific job with the whole project!

Glenn 10-26-2014 09:59 AM

Rodney you did a great job on the quilt. Ashlea will love it. I agree with Miriam it looks perfect.
Skip

Cari-in-Oly 10-26-2014 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6943823)
Yes and she is really needing a virtual hug.

Miriam,
Tell her close her eyes, calm her mind, take a deep breath and just feel. She should be able to feel each and every hug from all of us.

Cari

maviskw 10-26-2014 08:00 PM

What a wonderful illusion. All the blocks seem to FLOAT on the WATER.

HelenAnn 10-27-2014 01:54 AM

Rodney
You have done a great job. I was going to say the same as Macbaby about mailing it. If you can fold it the right shape for the box and then (make sure you have everything in the box ,name etc-era)I would use a plastic bag and suck all the air out with a vac quickly seal it and put it in the box. I store all my extra blankets this way. Thank you for taking this on!!!
HelenAnn

Caroline S 10-27-2014 03:40 AM

Wonderful job on Ashlea's quilt Rodney. :thumbup: It was fun looking for my block. Sort of an adult I spy, LOL

GreyQ 10-27-2014 05:54 AM

WOW!! The turquoise ties it together beautifully! Thank you for all of your ideas & work. Ashlea, sometimes the recovery is a mix of good, strange & tough but always worth the struggle. I hope this quilt will give you what you need for the journey, rest, support, weight lifting, what ever you need at that moment. Best Wishes!

Crossstitcher 10-27-2014 06:03 AM

WOW! I just got home from the hospital had major surgery myself. First thing I wanted to do at the computer was look for pictures of Ashlea's quilt. Rodney and Olivia you did a great job the quilt is so pretty. Can't wait to hear what she thinks of it. She will be blown away.