Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   9 patch on it's way (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/9-patch-its-way-t254240.html)

soman2 09-23-2014 08:48 AM

9 patch on it's way

1 Attachment(s)
This 9 patch for Rodney in Centralia is on the way. It was made from scraps on my 1950's Singer Spartan.

The other Rodney
Ponchatoula, La.

Rodney 09-23-2014 10:28 AM

Thank you Rodney! I think Ashleah will love it!
Looks like the cat just escaped it's bag. :D
It might be a trait of people named Rodney that we can't keep a secret. :)

Miriam, we were going to surprise you with a quilt for Ashleah. I guess you're still surprised. :)

The plan was to tell Miriam when it was done and ready to ship. That's ok though, I wasn't 100% sure whether surprising Miriam was the best plan or not and decided to go with surprise.

Now that the secret is out I feel better about it. I only emailed around 50 people and have had a very good turnout but could use more. This way all the people who would have been left out otherwise have a chance to participate too.
If I get more than I need for the front, they'll go on the back too. I expect my mailbox to be stuffed here soon.

Anyway the plan is to gather around 40 9 1/2" unfinished 9 patch blocks from the members here and
make a quilt for Ashleah. We're doing it quick so we can ship it to her while she's still in rehab.
Here's a copy of the mail I've been sending out.

QUOTE:
Roserips and I were talking and thought it would be a good idea to do a comfort quilt for Ashleah. Ashleah is Miriam's daughter in law. She had a severe stroke last week and is now in rehab for the next 3 weeks or so while she learns to walk and take care of herself again. She has a long road to recovery ahead of her. If we hurry we can get it done and shipped to her while she's still in rehab.

What I'm asking for is a 9 1/2" unfinished block size 9patch with a signed light colored center square from each member who participates.
Roserips and I will handle the back and quilting.
My mailing address is:
Rodney Walker
3401 Travera Place
Centralia, WA 98531
Please let me know if you want to help and feel free to pass this on. We'll probably need 40 blocks or so total.
I'll have to tell Miriam at some point to get a mailing address but want to surprise her when it's done.

Thanks,
Rodney
END QUOTE

Anyway, if I missed anyone who should have been told I apologize for the oversight.

Thank you everyone for helping with this!
Rodney

singerguy 09-23-2014 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6900996)
Thank you Rodney! I think Ashleah will love it!
Looks like the cat just escaped it's bag. :D
It might be a trait of people named Rodney that we can't keep a secret. :)

Miriam, we were going to surprise you with a quilt for Ashleah. I guess you're still surprised. :)

The plan was to tell Miriam when it was done and ready to ship. That's ok though, I wasn't 100% sure whether surprising Miriam was the best plan or not and decided to go with surprise.

Now that the secret is out I feel better about it. I only emailed around 50 people and have had a very good turnout but could use more. This way all the people who would have been left out otherwise have a chance to participate too.
If I get more than I need for the front, they'll go on the back too. I expect my mailbox to be stuffed here soon.

Anyway the plan is to gather around 40 9 1/2" unfinished 9 patch blocks from the members here and
make a quilt for Ashleah. We're doing it quick so we can ship it to her while she's still in rehab.
Here's a copy of the mail I've been sending out.

QUOTE:
Roserips and I were talking and thought it would be a good idea to do a comfort quilt for Ashleah. Ashleah is Miriam's daughter in law. She had a severe stroke last week and is now in rehab for the next 3 weeks or so while she learns to walk and take care of herself again. She has a long road to recovery ahead of her. If we hurry we can get it done and shipped to her while she's still in rehab.

What I'm asking for is a 9 1/2" unfinished block size 9patch with a signed light colored center square from each member who participates.
Roserips and I will handle the back and quilting.
My mailing address is:
Rodney Walker
3401 Travera Place
Centralia, WA 98531
Please let me know if you want to help and feel free to pass this on. We'll probably need 40 blocks or so total.
I'll have to tell Miriam at some point to get a mailing address but want to surprise her when it's done.

Thanks,
Rodney
END QUOTE

Anyway, if I missed anyone who should have been told I apologize for the oversight.

Thank you everyone for helping with this!
Rodney

Please wait for my pieces, Rodney. Miriam is a good friend of mine and I would really love to be a part of this generous and great project you're doing for Ashleah. I am not a quilter per se but been sewing since I am a kid. Hope to get into it this weekend as weekdays are just to hard for me to sew due to my schedule. I start my day 5:30am and will not be home till 9pm. thanks.

Cari-in-Oly 09-23-2014 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Since the secret is out I can post my blocks.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/attachm...d=492830&stc=1
I still have to sign and mail them.

Cari

Rodney 09-23-2014 11:35 AM

Singerguy: Not a problem. It's going to take some time for everything to get here anyway.

Also if we get more than we need for the front and bag, there's always a matching totebag or something. Every block will be used.

Rodney

KalamaQuilts 09-23-2014 11:36 AM

mine went out today Rodney. I'm working with shirtings right now, so shirting 9 patches is what you are getting.

miriam 09-23-2014 11:51 AM

I'm speechless......

monopas 09-23-2014 11:59 AM

I'm choosing fabrics and will probably press today. The sewing won't get done until this weekend because I still can't sew in a straight line and my mother won't have time until then. Should get sent out Monday.

Rodney 09-23-2014 12:01 PM

Thank You!
Rodney

Rodney 09-23-2014 12:01 PM

Miriam, I just hope you're not mad at me for not including you from the beginning.
Rodney