Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   9 patch on it's way (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/9-patch-its-way-t254240.html)

Crossstitcher 11-16-2014 08:37 AM

Rodney, it all turned out beautifully. I know it was hard work and time consuming but, look at it now so pretty. Thank you for taking on this project. JOB well DONE!!!

oldtnquiltinglady 11-16-2014 10:07 AM

BEAUTIFUL. Thank you Rodney and Olivia, Cari, Miriam, Jon & Elaine, the other Rodney, and my brain shut down on me at these names, so to the rest of the ones here on the board who participated, we done good, didn't we?

Miriam, you are blessed to have such a son as Caleb. I went back and listened to his recordings. PM me for how to order them. I am not so computer savvy. (Witness, I never post a picture, remember?) I love his music ....

miriam 11-16-2014 11:10 AM

I'm not sure how to get his music on line maybe Itunes or Bandcamp - that's not in my realm... He just only has CDs otherwise - I'll have to ask. Some of it makes you laugh and some of it makes you cry. He says he's working on some more.
Tammi also sent a mug rug. Ashlea took it to work - she said she LOVES it. She LOVED the pen, too. She said it was the right color ink for work so she took it to work, too. So she's been angling to get Caleb's pen, too but so far he is holding out... Then there is also the tote bag I made from some material Earthwalker sent from Australia with the national flower and she loved it, too. She has things she has to carry all the time so tote bags are VERY welcome. Thanks Joe and Elaine. ALL of you - big thanks. When they called a few days ago, they were expecting someone in from out of town to do some session work in the studio so I doubt if they have come up for air yet. I'm going to try to see if he will send some pics and then forward them to someone who can actually post them here. I'm not that good on computers... Anyway thank you everyone for caring about my kidos. They said they could just feel all that love in that quilt. They were shocked at how big it is. Special thanks to Rodney and Olivia - that was a much bigger project than you signed on for but it is really really cool. You people are such a great bunch - better than family. I wish you all lived close so I could give you all hugs.

Glenn 11-16-2014 11:50 AM

Rodney, Olivia, Cari, Stitchenriper and all who help Rodney put this quilt together I want to thank you far a beautiful job you did us proud. This was a wonderful project for us all to cheer Ashlea during her recovery. I always new QBer's were the best. Thank you.
Skip

blueheavenfla 11-16-2014 12:08 PM

It is an honor to be a part of this (as Miriam put it...better than family) group. Thank you to all who put in all the
"extras"...time, money, advice, special gifts. The 9 patch blocks were the easy part. The rest of you who participated are extra special loving quilting family.

GailG 11-16-2014 12:59 PM

The quilt is gorgeous!! Blessings on all who got this together. It's amazing how the turquoise sashing and borders brought it all together.

Jeanette Frantz 11-16-2014 02:16 PM

Roger, Olivia, and all those others who participated in this project, thank you all. I am very happy to have been a part of this project, no matter how small my part. To Ashlea and Caleb, may this quilt remind you each and every day how much you are loved and how much we here at the QB wish for the very best for you always.

Jeanette

elnan 11-16-2014 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady (Post 6971130)
BEAUTIFUL. Thank you Rodney and Olivia, Cari, Miriam, Jon & Elaine, the other Rodney, and my brain shut down on me at these names, so to the rest of the ones here on the board who participated, we done good, didn't we?

Miriam, you are blessed to have such a son as Caleb. I went back and listened to his recordings. PM me for how to order them. I am not so computer savvy. (Witness, I never post a picture, remember?) I love his music ....

It looks to me like everything is a digital download, MP3, etc, so no CD that I could find. I even tried Amazon.com and it too, offers his music in digital download only, same for a website called CDBaby. Seems odd that something called CDBaby would have only downloads. Tell that super talented young man that most of us are like the old sewing gear we love to play with. Guess I will have to find someone to hold my hand through the purchase of an MP3 player and how to use it. I would download Caleb's music right before Seeger & Guthrie,s.

miriam 11-16-2014 02:41 PM

I sent him another email. See if he comes up for air any time soon. I know he had some CDs last summer. I don't know if you can find him on face book or what. There are a lot of other guys with the same name and they do music, too. LOL He is something like at least a 5th generation musician that we know of so maybe be genetic... My FIL used to play in the bars back in the late 1930s and 1940s - he played back up on mandolin, guitar and banjo to Oklahoma Johnny who ever that was. I guess he came to his senses at some point and never went back. When the family got together all they ever did was play music - I think it was more peaceful that way. LOL.. Years ago FIL gave Caleb a bunch of old instruments, showed him a few licks and he learned to play them. He plays about anything with strings. He does a bit of studio work - if you listen to his music you will hear a lot of instruments - he played them all. There was one guy sang back up on the truck song but the rest was his own dubs.

zozee 11-16-2014 03:12 PM

I've been looking at this quilt for a few minutes, and I have to say, I am so moved by the love I feel in it. Something so simple in design, made with hands from total strangers (in most cases), to lift the spirits of a person and her family that has gone through a serious trial of life, has brought tears to my eyes. To see beauty and kindness in a hodgepodge of fabric is truly precious. Thank you, Rodney, Roserips, Olivia, and all who contributed.