Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Aqua Bel Air Style 414 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/aqua-bel-air-style-414-a-t179868.html)

spartan quilter 02-18-2012 06:34 PM

I did tip it up and found the work, SEWMOR, across a bottom bar. And after looking at the underneath area, I realized how UNCOMPLICATED this machine is. I am going to do some oiling and wiping off and see how it sews. I did finally plug it in and touched the foot pedal for about 5 seconds, and found that it does work. A project for Sunday.

Originally Posted by JMCDA (Post 4987378)
Lovely old badged Japanese machine - did you look underneath and see if it has a stamp - it might be Toyota or possible a Brother. Clean it, oil it and it should be good to go!

JMCDA 02-19-2012 06:40 AM

just doing a quick kanoodle around the internet, chances are good that your machine was made by Brother...Sewmor was very popular on any number and variety of Japanese machines but the shape of the head of yours is very similar to a Brother Super Streamliner. Glad to here she is working fine!

spartan quilter 02-19-2012 08:05 AM

Thanks for the info. I dropped oil into all of the right places, I think, figured out how to thread it, and practiced a few stitches. WOW, what a perfect straight line and tension looks awesome. This may become a basic machine for me. I am still taking it in to my machine guy. It was free to me, and investing a little on a tune up, will be worth it. I am so looking forward to finishing the remodel of my sewing room and setting this up. Even if I never used it, I love the color and it will always be a reminder of my Mom.

Thanks to all for the comments and info.

Originally Posted by JMCDA (Post 4988336)
just doing a quick kanoodle around the internet, chances are good that your machine was made by Brother...Sewmor was very popular on any number and variety of Japanese machines but the shape of the head of yours is very similar to a Brother Super Streamliner. Glad to here she is working fine!

ppquilter 02-19-2012 09:47 AM

just love the old machines and seeing pics of others machines. Always on the hunt for them. happy sewing1 :) :)

Linda - K. 02-19-2012 10:13 AM

I've not heard of or seen this brand of machine before so can't help you but it is a great looking machine!

purplefiend 02-20-2012 01:03 PM

I love the blue color. I'll bet if you let the machine warm up it should sew just fine. The needle probably goes in with the flat to the right and threads from left to right.

BarbaraSue 02-20-2012 01:57 PM

Can't tell you about her. But she is a beauty. thanks for sharing.

miriam 02-20-2012 03:48 PM

nice color - I have seen Belaire machines that looked like the inside of a car dash board

spartan quilter 02-20-2012 05:52 PM

You are so right about the needle. I have a hard time threading needles, with my vision getting worse all the time, and both of my other machines, have threaders. When I went to thread it, I realized why there was one of those old fashioned needle threaders, you know, with the fine wire in a diamond shape, at the end of a dime sized medal piece. It worked for me, and I will always have to keep it with the machine. I did take it to the sewing machine guy today, and he commented that this was a very good machine. I am anxious to get it back and start sewing with it.

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 4992284)
I love the blue color. I'll bet if you let the machine warm up it should sew just fine. The needle probably goes in with the flat to the right and threads from left to right.

nstitches4u 02-20-2012 07:03 PM

Pretty blue machine. Let us know what your repairman tells you.