Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Counting for fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/counting-fun-t246030.html)

Macybaby 04-30-2014 07:04 AM

Counting for fun

Not including parts machines out in the shed - and the four my Nieces are trying out -

Between DH and I, our vintage collection includes:

US Mfg (not badged name)
36 Singers (need to sell some of these)
6 National
4 White
4 New Home (older)
3 Standard
2 Davis
1 New Home/Free
1 Free (older)
1 New Royal
1 Wilcox & Gibbs
1 Foley & Wilson
1 Household
1 Wheeler & Wilson
1 Domestic (older)
1 Weed
1 Demorest

Non US machines
6 Viking (plan on selling 2)
1 Bernina
1 Pfaff
1 Jaguar (Kenmore)
1 New Williams (Canadian Mfg)

And then I have two newer machines
Pfaff embroidery
Bailey mid-arm Quilter (Janome)

Littlebearquiltingboard 04-30-2014 08:45 AM

Wow! 77 sewing machines! That is a good collection.

oldsewnsew 04-30-2014 08:51 AM

I need to do that.intend to sell some, but I need to get clearer on which.

SteveH 04-30-2014 09:49 AM

Ok, I'll Play...

Treadles:
Grover and Baker Double Chainstitch
Emile James Politype Patcher
Wheeler & Wilson #4
Wheeler & Wilson #10
Wheeler & Wilson #12
Howe Model A
Howe Model B(x2)
Howe Model C
Singer 13
Phoenix Model F
Davis Low Arm
David VF1
Weed Hartford
Willcox & Gibbs Automatic

Portables:
Wheeler & Wilson #8
Hengstenberg MOP
Singer 128
New National (New Home)
Windsor B
Kenmore VS
Ideal
Willcox & Gibbs
Jones Serpentine
Frister & Rossmann High Arm
Frister & Rossmann Model E (Naked Lady)
Singer A3 (Surgical Stitching)

Complete Heads
Howe A
Howe B
White Model A
Singer 13
Wheeler Wilson #8
Wheeler Wilson #9
Singer 24

Macybaby 04-30-2014 10:00 AM

Oldsewnsew - know you've got a few I wouldn't mind having, so if you get it figured out, let me know. BTW - I'm not interested in any hand cranks.

Candace 04-30-2014 11:25 AM

I don't want to put mine down. What if hubby sees? LOL.

I'm glad to see my 30 machines are way out numbered. You guys are crazier than me. ;>

SewExtremeSeams 04-30-2014 11:58 AM

Oh, I am going to go count again. However, Cathy and Steve you both outnumber me. Steve, I am assuming #8 means you have 8 of that particular machine? Right?

M.Elizabeth 04-30-2014 12:34 PM

Where in the world do you store all these machines? I have a fairly large home, but I don't have room for all these items, even if I owned them!!!!!

Macybaby 04-30-2014 01:24 PM

Most of mine are going to be "treadle ready" at some point. Meaning they'll have a wooden base that will fit in either my universal treadle base, or my traveling treadle base - or I'll be able to use them with my modifed hand crank setup that DH is going to build for me.

I've been moving things around again since DH and I decided NOT to put up a new building. I thought I had him talked into it - but in the end he talked me OUT of it!

This is one way I store them - and I've got room for 4 more shelves like this upstairs. Most of these will go upstairs and I think I'll display more of my electric ones here. I've got storage for case tops in the upstairs closet, I really like being able to see my machines!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps53b77520.jpg

most of the Singers will stay in thier cabinets, since I have a collection of Singer cabinets too. Most of the non-singers I've bought off ebay and did not get cabinets with them.

I also have attachment sets and original manuals for most, and am working on getting those I don't have. I think I may still have some attachment sets that don't fit any of the machines I have - but I've still got three machines I'm looking for!

SteveH 04-30-2014 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 6698203)
Oh, I am going to go count again. However, Cathy and Steve you both outnumber me. Steve, I am assuming #8 means you have 8 of that particular machine? Right?

nope, it is a Wheeler & Wilson Model #8, and Model #9, and Model #10, and Model #12...hehe