Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Feather weight (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/feather-weight-t234399.html)

GoBragh 11-10-2013 05:19 AM

Feather weight

I am thinking of getting a feather weight for myself. I am wondering what is the going rate for a feather weight in good condition and in working order? I had someone tell me that between $250-$300 is the top amount I should pay. What are your thoughts?

deedum 11-10-2013 05:31 AM

I am looking for one too. I am thinking I don't want to pay anymore than $250. Just that is the most I want to pay.
Someday somewhere I will find one for that price or less.i think anything more than that is just inflated by the demands. Good luck on your search for one.

Wanabee Quiltin 11-10-2013 05:59 AM

I have two Featherweights with cases that I am going to sell. I live right outside St.Louis. If anyone is really interested, please PM me. I might not be able to send you pictures right away as the two grandsons are here until Monday and I have appointments on Tuesday but I am selling them. These are black sewing machines with accessories and manuals.

wilburness 11-10-2013 08:45 AM

I just purchased one for $125 but then it was a 30% off everything day. everything there but stinky moldy case. I almost have that conquered. no stink. few more days in the sun will cure the mold.
I would think anything from $150 to $200 would be within reason. but it all depends on your area and what people will pay. just be patient and one will come you way.

Belfrybat 11-10-2013 08:57 AM

$250.00 is a reasonble price if in good working condition. I got mine on E-Bay for $200.00 plus $35.00 shipping. It had been thoroughly checked out and cleaned.

ckcowl 11-10-2013 09:09 AM

on of the local shops here has a beautiful one for $450....the prices really range across the country & of course dependent on condition- best thing to do is to determine what YOU feel is a reasonable amount- the most you would be willing to spend- then start looking, watching, checking them out- at some point you will find the perfect one for you in the price range you are comfortable with. I spent 3 years looking for a vintage machine- looked at lots of reasonably priced ones- some my hubby would say...'you know, you can have it if you want it' ...and I would just say- no- that's not the one...then one day I walked into a barn sale, saw a case- opened it...and there it was! when I asked how much the lady said...'would you give me $20 for it?'....oh how I love that machine! the right one will come along in it's own time

GoBragh 11-11-2013 04:08 AM

Thank you all who have posted. I appreciate the time you took to answer my question. Have a great day and happy quilting!!!

Wintersewer 11-11-2013 07:20 AM

One just sold on ebay for $110. When folks list them on CL for $300-$600 they do not sell. I sold a beautiful, serviced one for $250 about 1 1/2 years ago. I priced it at that because I wanted to sell it, not sit on it for months.

Quilter Day-by-Day 11-11-2013 09:34 AM

I bought mine at an antique store for 250.00 with a case and manual extra bobbins. Just brought it home and cleaned some dust off and it runs like a charm.

raedar63 11-11-2013 09:36 AM

I would like to have one to use , not really worried about how it looks , just that it functions in a top notch manner . I don't have a designated sewing room and one of these would be the berries to use on the kitchen table :)