Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Featherweight machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/featherweight-machine-t130935.html)

Painiacs 06-16-2011 10:24 AM

Im so sorry! I sure hope u find ur estimate!!

JJane 06-16-2011 10:30 AM

Machine works well. I used it yesterday. When I took it out of the case and plugged it in =the light was on= the needle was half stuck in the fabric that was under the foot and the other half was in the packing peanuts in the case. The bobbin winder was set to wide a bobbin. That had to be a hard hit to cause that. The machine has a good stitch.Thanks for asking

hobbykat1955 06-16-2011 11:57 AM

My understanding is if you claim money from the PO or delivery service they get to keep the machine once you have valued it...You don't get paid damages and keep the product. They then auction those items off...So you can either claim cash or keep your machine and at your own expense fix it....Sorry...I'd keep and fix...

MTS 06-16-2011 12:35 PM

If this was paid via PayPal, it would have been smarter to file the claim against the Seller with PayPal.

The insurance he bought at the PO was for HIS benefit, not yours.

Your "insurance" coverage is being provided by PayPal (if you paid that way), to ensure/insure you received what you paid for in the condition originally described.

Deborahlees 06-16-2011 12:41 PM

before we jump to all these conclusions...who was the shipper....

quilt1950 06-16-2011 01:55 PM

My DH owns a repair and restoration business. He does work with some shippers. He would have been sent to your home to take pictures of the damage, and determine the best method for repair/replacement. It sounds like you need to do this on your own.

You've already found a replacement case, so it you have that covered.

To determine the decrease in value of the machine, he would search the internet for machines with flaws similar to your damaged machine. The difference between what you paid, and the value of these machines would be your damages. Might have to take an average decrease in value, or a percentage decrease in value.

Good Luck

Debbie C 06-17-2011 03:25 AM

I'm so sorry you have to go through all this craziness!! All for the love of a little precious white sewing machine......you'll hopefully come to a happy ending!!

mermaid 06-17-2011 03:43 AM

That is so sad--please keep us posted on the outcome. I'm sobbing for you.

dixiechunk 06-17-2011 03:47 AM

Personally, I would forget the fix/restoration and get my money back. There are other white FWs to be had out there.

sandy14 06-17-2011 03:51 AM

I am so sad for you also. We treasure our little "gems" and to see something happen to it is uncalled for. Sounds like someone had no respect for your package and tossed it around.
Hopefully, there will be a good outcome for you. Not that it will take away your hurt.

Best of luck to you.

sandy14