Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Featherweight price (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/featherweight-price-t62736.html)

quilt addict 09-06-2010 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by aardvarq
Personally, being 6'2" tall and a guy, I consider my 301A my personal featherweight :-)

I may end up giving my tan 221J featherweight to my sister, she is not so tall :-)

Aardie.

I am vertically challanged and would like to be your sister also! Bet you had no idea how big your family was. :lol: :lol:

Debo 09-06-2010 06:57 PM

I bought mine on Ebay for $225 plus shipping. It was in excellent shape in the original box with all the different feet. It did not have the manual but I was able to get a reproduction so I would know how to maintain it.

aardvarq 09-07-2010 08:24 AM

OK, three new sisters in need of a featherweight, said they were quite short, so 3x.75% = 2.25 skant sisters plus my original sister, leaving me with 3.25 sisters using the skant 1/4 sister height allowance :-0

Lucky me, I am now just skant of 4 sisters!

Aardie

Ann L 09-07-2010 02:26 PM

I'm not short and I asked first!

Grandma Cindy 09-07-2010 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by merryhare
My very first machine when I was 12 was a white one--about the last year that they were produced. I loved it and made all my clothes on it until mid college years when I made enough money to buy a standard zig-zag machine. I have had 3 since then in the past 15 years, my grandmother's white one which I bought her and 2 from ebay. A white one and a black one. Now I use an Elna grasshopper which is far superior to the featherweight but most people are too enamored with the featherweight being the "perfect" little machine to even give the Elna a look. It has more room under the arm both horizontally and vertically than a featherweight and is about the same weight and size in the case.

Do you have a photo you could post of your"grasshopper"? Is it a new or old machine? Thanks...

featherweight 09-07-2010 06:34 PM

Go to Ebay. They have a couple of them on there a couple of days ago.

Ann L 09-08-2010 03:31 AM

I checked it on ebay. Not real pretty but I bet it works well. Could even get one for $95. Something to think about. Thanks.

featherweight 09-08-2010 05:09 AM

That is the same thing I thought. Not pretty but, It sure looks like a workhorse...

aardvarq 09-08-2010 03:34 PM

Loya99, you are certainly correct.

I stand corrected. You are definitely honorable sister number 1.

You can fight it out with my birth sister after the funeral and see who walks away with the most sewing machines:-)

Brother gets the rifles and shotguns, sister gets the snub nose pistol, so that collection is already taken care of.

Speaking of which, you might want to see if sister has her purse with her before you start a brawl at the wake over sewing machines, you know what I mean? :wink:

Oh, but that leaves the stash and the quilt collection. I smell trouble one of these days.

Aardie.

Beachbaby12 09-08-2010 03:36 PM

I think that is a good price; we paid about that or more for mine. It also depends on if it's in good shape. If you like it, do with what's in your heart and go for it! Featherweight's are great!