Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   freebie! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/freebie-t198113.html)

Caroline S 08-20-2012 06:33 AM

:cool: My heart just went pitty pat, pitty pat. It is PINK! It was at the dump???? OMG. Can't wait to see more pics.

greywuuf 08-20-2012 06:45 AM

hurridly dumper some oil on what I could get to last night, Still seems pretty stiff. I need to figure how to get the top cover off.
I also got the little matching color tin that would have held the accy. parts. It has two throat plates ( a blank one and a straight stich to go with the zigzag that is installed) and a straight foot, it has a narrow rolled hem foot on it now. Seems like a nice machine. oh and there are no bobbins with it I will have to figure that out. it apears to be and oscilating hook action. much like a "15" with the vertical bobbin

one other odd thing, it has two spool posts, two thread guide paths, and the tensioner seems real wide....and the spring has two obvious loops, Dual needle machine.....same as the 306w? special dual needle ? Single bobbing how does that work ?

nygal 08-20-2012 06:49 AM

What a lucky find!

Candace 08-20-2012 06:54 AM

It looks very similar to my White 763 Fair Lady. It uses a normal needle, nothing special with these Whites! Dual needles are just threaded using the two bobbin spools.

greywuuf 08-20-2012 07:03 AM

the model number on this one is 6477 having no experience with whites i have no idea what that means, I was just wondering how the mechanics of the dual needle thing worked, two needles two upper threads one lower bobbin? I do not foresee it ever be used as a dual needle machine, but curiosity and all.

the feed dog drop buttons seem odd to me as well, there is an up and a down button.....fully depress one and the other rises... as you would expect, however there seems to be a neutral position where you can push one far enough to unlock the other, but not lock the fist ( both button up) I would say " dont do that" except that the little ratchet lever under neeth seems to have 3 positions ...... any one have any experience with this ?

Caroline S 08-20-2012 07:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There should be two screws on the top piece so you can remove it. Similar to my pink Morse. Should be a piece of cake.

Candace 08-20-2012 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by greywuuf (Post 5453951)
the model number on this one is 6477 having no experience with whites i have no idea what that means, I was just wondering how the mechanics of the dual needle thing worked, two needles two upper threads one lower bobbin?

Have you googled that model #? Yes, this is how twin needle works.

greywuuf 08-20-2012 07:12 AM

Candace, no I have not Googled, i have really done nothing other than throw some oil at it, My Bro in law gave it to me as I was leaving his place last night, after we spent the afternoon building Skin on frame Kayaks, I was sort of in another project mode, this was not a sewing machine weekend for me ;-) The poor thing is still sitting in the back of my truck, I will try to get some more pictures of her when i go on break today.

J Miller 08-20-2012 08:16 AM

It will use regular old class 15 bobbins, 15x1 needles - I don't know the double needle numbers. Get it out of your truk, pull the top off and float that baby in oil. Either that or send it to me and I'll take care of it. :D

Joe

greywuuf 08-20-2012 08:32 AM

Pictures uploading now, however the top does not come off so easily ( well it might be easy but its not intuative )