Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Going on the Road... Coast to Coast (literally) and Back (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/going-road-coast-coast-literally-back-t264859.html)

roguequilter 05-05-2015 11:23 AM

steve our last place of home was eureka in n. california, next door to arcata & home of the original kinetic race started by hobart brown. neat to hear that willits is one of the places the fun has spread to. i used to spend a lot of time in & around willits during my premarried life. beautiful area. but, alas, we won't be on any trips down into CA until next november & that will be a short one.
...so ...have a fantastic trip!! again Congratulations to you & heather!!
P.S ... in front of Bridal Veil Falls ...a beautiful spot to say "! Do" !!

HelenAnn 05-05-2015 12:30 PM

I could meet you guys somewhere near Cathy. Minnesota or SD. I like to drive.

Rodney 05-05-2015 01:09 PM

Congratulations on your marriage! You picked an incredible spot for the wedding too. I was hoping WA worked it's way in there too. If you make it to Bristol RI the Herreshoff (spelling?) museum is worth checking out.
Rodney

ChattyKathy 05-05-2015 01:19 PM

Congratulations Steve & Heather. Wow you have a really, really ambitious driving trip. When we moved from greater Sacramento, CA area back to the the greater Chicago area, we drove it at best in 3 1/2 days. That was driving about 8 hours/day. And mainly one person driving. I am impressed with your cross country itinerary. Good luck and much happiness. If your coming to the Chicago area I would love to meet you. Kathy

liking quilting 05-05-2015 01:47 PM

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding & road trip honeymoon. Your wedding site looks awesome.
Did not get your link to work on post #8 attachment did not open for me (photos maybe?)

NapaJohn 05-05-2015 03:51 PM

Congratulations on the wedding and enjoy the road trip! That's quite a long way in such a short time. So much to see...Grand Canyon, Chaco Canyon, Zion National Park, Monument Valley, Yellowstone, Crater Lake, ...and that's just a fraction of what's out west. Allegedly, there's a shop in Frederick, OK that sells a lot of old sewing machines but that might be a little out of your way. Arkansas is (or at least used to be) a great place to go thrifting in junk shops along little highways. Sounds like a lot of fun. I love road trips. You should have a great time. Pictures or it never happened.

momto5 05-05-2015 03:59 PM

That is a LONG way to travel and yes, you will be exhausted! How do I know? I was born in Montana and moved to SC when I married a SC man (a LONG time ago!). Made many, many driving trips back there for many years.
So....congratulations and I hope when they get the machine on display they leave it up for a long time! Good luck and God bless you both as you begin this new phase of your lives!

nanacc 05-05-2015 04:33 PM

Congrats and Have Fun!!!

M.Elizabeth 05-05-2015 04:38 PM

When you leave Georgia for D.C., you should travel through some of the Appalachian Mtns. which run from GA to ME. Beautiful at this time of year. If you should travel through/by Asheville, NC, the Biltmore House (oldest private home in the US) might be worth a visit, although it requires $$$!

Farmhousesewer 05-05-2015 08:05 PM

Congratulations Steve and Heather. A beautiful place to have your ceremony! Yes, certainly a whirlwind trip!

Are you really going from DC to Boston and then down to Philly and up to NY?

I am guessing you will be heading north up RT 95, so too far east for the Tennessee side of the Smokies. If you decide to go further west out of Georgia on your way north, you are welcomed to stay with us.