Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Going on the Road... Coast to Coast (literally) and Back (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/going-road-coast-coast-literally-back-t264859.html)

SteveH 05-27-2015 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 7199773)
...Wondering why you picked Jamestown.

Because I was born and raised there, and my folks still live there...hehe

We are currently in Portsmouth NH. We just delivered the machine to the broker safe and sound.

So far we have traveled 4153 miles, now it is time to start heading west (run out of east anyway...) Going to take a quick 30 minute detour to Maine. Maine and Hawaii are the only two states that I have not been to so i get to cross that off the list.

Today it is The Statue of Liberty then Philly. Tomorrow it is off to Jamestown.

SteveH 06-04-2015 08:33 AM

Back home!!!

8011.9 miles later.......

We saw a lot of amazing places, met some really cool people, and even managed to pick up a treadle along the way!

Monroe 06-04-2015 09:00 AM

Just one? Too bad it was so crazy at work. I wanted to meet up with you but there wasn't any option to adjust my schedule. Waiting for pics of the wedding.

SteveH 06-04-2015 10:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That would have been great!

Yes, just one. 800 miles a day does not leave much time for shopping. I tried over a dozen times to hit antique shops along the way and they were either not open that day, had closed by 3 or 5 pm, or were not there anymore. After a while we just stopped trying.

Here is my favorite wedding shot (so far). We had several folks taking pictures and videos and we are now in the process of sorting though them and getting them online. I'll share a link once done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521526[/ATTACH]

So many stories, but I don't want to abuse the site with too much personal stuff, so that will be elsewhere.

SteveH 06-04-2015 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and here is the machine I picked up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521527[/ATTACH]

ThayerRags 06-04-2015 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 7216685)
...Here is my favorite wedding shot (so far).....

Nice duds! Definitely not “ordinary” wedding clothing. Looks good.

CD in Oklahoma

SteveH 06-04-2015 02:40 PM

We were planning to be married in Victorian Garb, but a snafu with the rental car agency(s) that resulted in me having to BUY a car rather then rent one totally destroyed my last day of sewing. Heather dress was done, but not my outfit, so we adapted at the last minute and went with more modern stuff. The good news is, instead of renting a car for $1000 I used the money as a deposit and now own a 2004 VW Golf. 31mpg, 5 speed, A/C, Cruise. Did the 8000 mile trip without a hitch.

All works out as needed...

Sewnoma 06-04-2015 03:04 PM

Welcome back! Congrats on getting hitched!

I guess if you had a Golf, one treadle was about the max anyway, lol. (I like Golfs, I almost bought one of the new ones a couple years ago but got a Hyundai with similar specs instead)

SteveH 06-04-2015 03:37 PM

HA! I could have EASILY put in 4 or 5 if taken apart... This car is a Tartus (Dr. Who reference, bigger on the inside than on the outside)

Macybaby 06-04-2015 03:56 PM

Steve knows how to take down a machine and cabinet to take up as little room as possible - if we'd have been thinking a bit more, we could have shoved another in there too!

The Domestic machine was a wedding present to help insure Domestic Tranquility in the marriage - for the years to come!

Ok - but that sounds better than - I was desperate for more room and something had to go!