Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Gonna try again; Alden machine on Goodwill (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/gonna-try-again%3B-alden-machine-goodwill-t183365.html)

Painiacs 03-19-2012 07:16 PM

Coool machine! Went on site and checked it out! Maybe I'll bid! Just kidding! I have gotten some great deals on there! Just do your homework to make sure your getting a deal. Got addicting so had to quit the site! Cpl nice fw on there!!

Caroline S 03-20-2012 06:29 AM

That is one neat machine. And I bet it is going to be HEAVY. Good luck on this one.

irishrose 03-20-2012 08:08 AM

Joe, the Universal's face plate isn't hinged. It has a screw 1 1/4" from the top. It came off okay, not easily, but it won't go back on straight. Even McGyver Jr (my son) couldn't get it. I will leave it until he comes again. The power was out when he was here and his wife and daughter were freezing so he didn't have much time. It just aggravates me because it's such a pretty machine. I didn't notice the tray under yours - what a neat idea. Good luck.

J Miller 03-20-2012 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5075892)
Joe, the Universal's face plate isn't hinged. It has a screw 1 1/4" from the top. It came off okay, not easily, but it won't go back on straight. Even McGyver Jr (my son) couldn't get it. I will leave it until he comes again. The power was out when he was here and his wife and daughter were freezing so he didn't have much time. It just aggravates me because it's such a pretty machine. I didn't notice the tray under yours - what a neat idea. Good luck.

irishrose,

Have you posted pictures of this machine and it's uncooperative face plate? Perhaps with pictures I or another member could help.

Joe

callen 03-20-2012 03:46 PM

Good luck with your bidding, hope you get it. Looks like a very unique machine.

J Miller 03-20-2012 06:12 PM

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR ARRRRGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody that goes by "c**********1" on Goodwill auctions took the pretty White machine I was bidding on the last time. Now the &%(^*&)(*_ is trying to take this one too.

Who ever you are ..... I had dibs on this one. :thumbdown: on you.

Joe

Candace 03-20-2012 07:00 PM

Joe, one bit of advice. Don't post links to machines you want here on the forum. Wait until it's a done deal. I've seen others get interested and try to buy machines out from under other members(not auctions but private sales). It has happened on the Vintage Machine area as well. We aren't all friends here, even though it would be nice if we were!

Charlee 03-20-2012 07:31 PM

It doesn't have to be anyone here... last I heard, shopgoodwill.com was a public site, and not everyone that buys from it comes here...

That being said, Candace is right. Sorry Joe....but it's only at about $14...bid again! :)

irishrose 03-20-2012 08:04 PM

Joe, it's too early to get in a bidding war. All you'll do is drive the price up and peak someone's interest. I hope you get the machine.

Nagi 03-20-2012 08:13 PM

Good luck Joe!~Nice looking machine and pretty color too. Hope you get it.