Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Herd? Stable? Flock? Murder? School? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/herd-stable-flock-murder-school-t246779.html)

dd 05-15-2014 05:05 AM

I was thinking a "pride" because we are proud of our machines but I think I like chorus better. They do hum beautifully.

Cecilia S. 05-15-2014 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by amcatanzaro (Post 6716921)
My sister is convinced I am out of my mind. Whatever. She hates quilts too, so we try not to discuss my hobbies.

Anastasia, I don't think you are out of your mind. Anyone who has a polka dotted elephant as their avatar (and I do remember your trampoline elephant also!) is most certainly my kind of gal.

Keep on stitchin', you. With that Chorus. I love that word!!!

Miriam, mountain indeed. Miriam is awesome.

Macybaby 05-15-2014 06:00 AM

my machines are definitely a "possession" but I'm not sure if I posses them or they posses me . . .

Stitchit123 05-15-2014 07:15 AM

I call mine A Bevy of Beauties They have also been referred to as Black Witches due to their putting a spell on me to go and bring home more. My MIL had a quirky sense of humor : ) Every thing else in my sewing room is my Treasure Trove but it could be My Hope Chest =as in-
I hope I can get all this fabric quilted some day so I can buy more LOL

amcatanzaro 05-15-2014 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cecilia S. (Post 6717047)
Anastasia, I don't think you are out of your mind. Anyone who has a polka dotted elephant as their avatar (and I do remember your trampoline elephant also!) is most certainly my kind of gal.

Keep on stitchin', you. With that Chorus. I love that word!!!

Miriam, mountain indeed. Miriam is awesome.

Thank you Cecilia, I enjoy you as well. :thumbup:

Oh my sister can stick it. She's got her own collection and hobbies that I don't understand. It's fine, I love her and we have plenty of other stuff to talk about.

amcatanzaro 05-15-2014 09:45 AM

Ohhhh, black witches! I like that.

:D I actually need to get a move on with the quilting. If I clear a shelf of fabric.... I can have more room for a machine.

Carol34446 05-15-2014 09:47 AM

Collector- too bad I had to quit from lack of space and MONEY. 6 sewing machines and two sergers are enough for our little place with all HD collections (guns)

Sunflowerzz 05-15-2014 10:31 AM

I call mine "The Collection" I want to be able to use each machine in rotation for the specialness of each one. I have well over 30 but only about 20 will remain in "The Collection" and of those only 8 -10 will be in the house. The others will be out in the studio. The rest will be rehomed.

I am in control. NO insanity here. ;)

ArizonaKAT 05-15-2014 12:40 PM

I consider my rescues. That way I get away with bringing home another . . . rescue.

laughingquilter 05-15-2014 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 6716006)
Without a doubt....it's "Absolute Essentials"!

I like how you think, Libster!!