Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Here is the Singer 101-4 Folks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/here-singer-101-4-folks-t188341.html)

Rumbols 05-10-2012 09:55 AM

Awesome. Congrats.

Janis 07-24-2012 07:11 AM

I look forward to seeing what slant attachments that you have.

Caroline S 07-24-2012 02:28 PM

Pics for Janis, Attachments

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Janis (Post 5390164)
I look forward to seeing what slant attachments that you have.

The attachments do not have any numbers on them and are for a long shank sewing machine. but don't know if it is for a slant shank. Just do not know the make of the machine. Some of the attachments are still in the stapled plastic baggies. The buttonholer is from the 1960s, number on it is W642N, but again do know what model it fits.

Janis 07-24-2012 03:11 PM

They look like they might be for a slant shank machine, or at least some of them. What does the book from the button holer say? Does it say anything about what machine it fits, or anything about the shank? Does it have a plate that fits over the feed dogs? If it shows pictures, the needle will be slanted out toward the front. What do you want for them?

Shelbie 07-25-2012 03:52 AM

The buttonholer pictured will fit any short shank machine. I use exactly the same model on my Featherweight and even on my Janome 6500 as it is a short shank machine too. Any of the Singer buttonholers in the green case (older ones are darker green cases with black buttonholers) fit short shank machines. The buttonholers in the dark rose or almost maroon cases are for slant shank machines (301 for example). They all came with a plate to cover the feeddogs but this is not needed if you are using it on a machine that you can drop the feeddogs (I do this with my Janome). Buttonholers were sold with five cams for different sized buttonholes and additional sets could be purchased separately.

Janis 07-25-2012 05:58 AM

Thanks for the information, Shelbie. The other attachments do look like they are for the slant shank machines, don't they? This is the first time that I've had a slant shank machine and I'm new at looking for attachments to fit them. I wasn't sure about the buttonholer. It's good to know that they are color coded. That makes it a lot easier to see just what one is needed.

khilbert 01-20-2020 11:52 AM

101-4 Serial number

The singer 101-4 is just like the one I just bought at an antique mall this weekend. Not able to locate a serial number on machine, could you tell me where your serial number was located? Thank You.

OurWorkbench 01-20-2020 05:30 PM

I don't have a 101, but from what I read and a couple that I have seen pictures of, it looks like on the underside of the bed on the right side.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.