Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Hi, my name is Gretchen and I am a Sewing Machineaholic! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/hi-my-name-gretchen-i-am-sewing-machineaholic-t234087.html)

Gretchen 11-05-2013 03:02 PM

Hi, my name is Gretchen and I am a Sewing Machineaholic!

1 Attachment(s)
There I said it, and I am PROUD!! I've had 2 superb outings in the past month... I found my 15-91, my Elna, and a just too cute "little" Kenmore one weekend. This past weekend well I found my 301 and my 401A - these have been on my list since I started .... I also came across a Meister - what can I say it intrigued me! Now I need to take some time to clean them up and do some research, I'm trying to put binders together for each of the machines just to have...

profannie 11-05-2013 03:10 PM

Wow! Very nice. Have fun with these beauties.

yobrosew 11-05-2013 03:12 PM

Is the one in the way back the little Kenmore? I love little Kenmores and Wards machines; can quilt with them without a walking foot. That is one mighty fine selection. Enjoy!

Gretchen 11-05-2013 03:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by yobrosew (Post 6388947)
Is the one in the way back the little Kenmore? I love little Kenmores and Wards machines; can quilt with them without a walking foot. That is one mighty fine selection. Enjoy!

Yes, the last machine in the row is the little Kenmore, it was sitting in a corner at an estate sale with a baggie tied to the case handle... I just knew it was a sewing machine! [ATTACH=CONFIG]445115[/ATTACH]

Skyangel 11-05-2013 03:33 PM

I have one of those little Kenmores, a 158.1050. Yours looks to be a 1030 or 1040. I used to have a 1040 but I sold it to my former surpervisor for her daughter to use for 4-H sewing - went to a good home. They are a great machine. I have a full-sized Kenmore of the same age I got for my HS graduation gift, I wish they had bought me one of these cute little ones instead!

I have a .pdf manual I could send you if you did not get one with the machine.

AuntieD 11-05-2013 04:01 PM

We had or maybe still do somewhere one of those little Kenmore.

Lew Schiller 11-05-2013 04:16 PM

Hi Gretchen!
Admitting you have an addiction is the first step.

You might want to embroider the Sewing Machine addicts prayer onto a throw pillow...

God, grant me the serenity to pass on the machines I cannot save,

The courage to save the machines I can,

The wisdom to know the difference,
And forgive me for ignoring the first one from time to time
:-)

amcatanzaro 11-05-2013 04:48 PM

:D ohhhhh, I need this.

Welcome to the crew Gretchen!

Cecilia S. 11-05-2013 04:59 PM

There is no cure for your disease.
The disease is communicable.
The disease is not fatal.
There is a twelve step program towards reconciling yourself to the disease; and I can see by your photo that you are five steps into that already.
The next seven steps? Up to you, but I do recommend a Featherweight, a Pink Atlas, a Grasshopper, a handcrank of sorts... but really it is up to you. It's your disease.

;-)

SteveH 11-05-2013 05:14 PM

Lew! That was awesome!

Sewing Machine addicts prayer:
God, grant me the serenity to pass on the machines I cannot save,
The courage to save the machines I can,
The wisdom to know the difference,

And forgive me for ignoring the first one from time to time