Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   How many sewing machines do I need????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/how-many-sewing-machines-do-i-need-t143038.html)

Lostn51 08-26-2011 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
Billy, I was thinking that you were at it this early. If I would have learned to tredle when I was a girl the 66 would interest me. They do come in an e-machine. They are so costly around this part of Kansas. I read when Chris from Leavenworth nabs her finds, but I don't make the circuit like that. If I could keep my little Chevy out of my purse I would have the 301a for sure. I got my eye on one. I had to settle and get my FW from the ATL. I may luck out and find the 301 cheaper there this winter when I go to visit my daughters for the holiday.

Yes I had not been to bed yet when I made that post. I think it was around 5am when I hit the sack, I guess I was enjoying the fact that I was not hurting and stayed awake a little longer than I normally do.

I can find them really cheap around here and I will keep my eyes open for you to get one if you want. If I play my cards right I can get you into one for less than $30 shipping and all. And you know Christmas is around the corner, no telling what Santa Billy might bring! :D

Billy

shnnn 08-26-2011 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I can find them really cheap around here and I will keep my eyes open for you to get one if you want. If I play my cards right I can get you into one for less than $30 shipping and all. And you know Christmas is around the corner, no telling what Santa Billy might bring! :D

Billy

I can only wish I could find anything for $30 here. Shipping alone for just a head is at least $35.

cherrybsixty 08-26-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
Billy, I was thinking that you were at it this early. If I would have learned to tredle when I was a girl the 66 would interest me. They do come in an e-machine. They are so costly around this part of Kansas. I read when Chris from Leavenworth nabs her finds, but I don't make the circuit like that. If I could keep my little Chevy out of my purse I would have the 301a for sure. I got my eye on one. I had to settle and get my FW from the ATL. I may luck out and find the 301 cheaper there this winter when I go to visit my daughters for the holiday.

Yes I had not been to bed yet when I made that post. I think it was around 5am when I hit the sack, I guess I was enjoying the fact that I was not hurting and stayed awake a little longer than I normally do.

Billy

Billy, that would be so special. And I'm an ole night owl myself. I can understand about not hurting. I still say that you are a blessed young man, I know when you are in pain you may not feel blessed, but the LORD is watching over you. That why you have such a giving heart. If you do come across a find like that, just PM me, and I'll get you the money. Thanks Billy.

nette81 09-10-2011 04:31 AM

Hi, I am in search of a bernina nova 900, I guess you wouldn't part with yours but please if anyone knows were I can get one please let me know. My contact is [email protected]
Happy sewing to all.

Tinabodina 09-10-2011 04:33 AM

I am confused! I guess I never knew that "need" had anything to do with it. ROLF :D

pocoellie 11-02-2011 03:57 AM

How can you turn down such great deals? LOL Your machines are beautiful. I'm up to 10 machines now, the latest addition is a Singer treadle, that I got at a yard sale for $10.

Crafty1 11-02-2011 04:19 AM

I had a lot of machines but now I'm down to five.

pscott392 11-02-2011 04:58 AM

Since I don't have a lot of space, I only have 3: Bernina serger, Janome MemoryCraft 6500 Professional, and a 1925 Singer Treadle. However, I think I can find space for a Featherweight. Having been looking for an affordable one. Will keep looking for the right one.

Marvlin 11-02-2011 06:03 AM

I don't think NEED comes into this equasion. I know for sure I am eaten up with quilting and machines, I have a Viking SE, Des 1, Bernina 1230, 1 221 Featherweight 1941, 1 221 Centennial 1950 Featherweight and 1 221K Featherweight with the red S Singer Badge and the gold plate underneath the Singer Badge with 221K. Will I buy another machine?????????? You can bet your life on it. I love these old machines.

girliegirl 11-02-2011 04:25 PM

I stopped counting !! it is over 20..................