Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I Got One!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/i-got-one-t88870.html)

MommaDorian 01-12-2011 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight
I guess some people like Reproductions. Most of us want the real thing!!

Harsh

GrammaBabs 01-12-2011 08:51 AM

yes... Katie... all people are not the same,,, but i must admit... about 4 "notes" into this, the same thought has occured to me... this is a great place for "info"...but not for emotional support by all....

Originally Posted by All Thumbs

Originally Posted by Katiequiltsalot
I'm sorry you all [Except for a few]feel that it makes such a difference if my featherweight is a real one or not.Most of you have turned a happy time into a controversy over this.I am sorry but I don't think I want to be a part of this board anymore.And to " Featherweight"I'm sorry but most people I know can't even afford a sewing machine.I feel sorry for you if this bothers you so much.I want to thank those of you that made me feel welcome and I will miss you.Bye

Well said.........and please do not let this thread lead you away from this posting Board. A stitch is a stitch is a stitch and however and upon whatever is not important. The craft of quilting is what needs to be preserved. Please stay.

Katiequiltsalot 01-12-2011 08:52 AM

I guess some people like Reproductions. Some of us want the real thing????? What do you think?

Candace 01-12-2011 09:06 AM

Are you asking our opinions over buying a repro or an original?? If so, the original will retain value and be better made. Isn't this sort of a dead horse in that a photo hasn't even been posted?

leaha 01-12-2011 09:07 AM

Katie I have 3 old W&G Wilcox & Gibbs machines, they are cute as a button, but not in working order, I do have a FW and I love it and it works, its birthday did not matter to me, as being a war baby they did not make them in my year. Some fw purest do not like the new paint on some, red blue what ever, BUT I'd love to have one in each jewel color, and if they are not worth as much when I croke ask me if I care? not at all I want what I want and enjoy it, who ever gets it later? well they can like it or not, NOT my problem, you just enjoy your new baby and have fun with her, by the way have you named her yet? mine is Birgit :-)

Katiequiltsalot 01-12-2011 09:13 AM

Apparently this means more to you than me Candace!

Candace 01-12-2011 09:29 AM

So, you ask for an opinion and I gave you mine. If you don't like it, then don't ask for an opinion to start with.

Farm Quilter 01-12-2011 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Candace

So, you ask for an opinion and I gave you mine. If you don't like it, then don't ask for an opinion to start with.

She never asked for opinions, she was just sharing her excitement over a gift. It's not so much what is said, but how it is said...rather like your tone of voice reveals so much more then the words alone, the tone of some of the posts was painful to read and they weren't directed to me.

Candace 01-12-2011 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter

She never asked for opinions, she was just sharing her excitement over a gift. It's not so much what is said, but how it is said...rather like your tone of voice reveals so much more then the words alone, the tone of some of the posts was painful to read and they weren't directed to me.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Farm Quilter 01-12-2011 09:42 AM

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

You're quite welcome ;-)