Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   ISO Parts - Brunswick VS Sewing Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/iso-parts-brunswick-vs-sewing-machine-t93166.html)

susanwilley 01-29-2011 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Norene B

Originally Posted by susanwilley
OH, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Norene!!

No problem, I can't guarantee anything but I'll try, lol :)

That is good enough! I couldn't and wouldn't ask for anything more! You GREAT!

susanwilley 01-29-2011 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
Here you go. It is a badged National machine, made for Monkey Wards, which you already knew. Here is a link to the manual.
http://www.thetreadlersvillage.com/M...ickManual.html

This is great! Thanks so much! It looks like they have the shuttle and bobbins, just not in stock now. I'll def be watchin this website for new stock!

thepolyparrot 01-29-2011 11:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have some top-clamping feet in two different sizes. Five are 5/8" from the top of the clamp to the underside of the foot:

Top clamping - 5/8" - Binder foot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146909[/ATTACH]

Top clamping - 5/8" - Binder and Hemmers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146911[/ATTACH]

thepolyparrot 01-29-2011 11:34 AM

4 Attachment(s)
And I have a partial set that is 9/16" - it has the binder and hemmers, a narrow hemmer, a quilting foot, quilting guides, a shirring/edgestitcher plate and an underbraider.

Modern bobbin reproduction
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146810[/ATTACH]

Attachment box
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146961[/ATTACH]

Partial set of attachments, top-clamping, 9/16"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147118[/ATTACH]

This is how the quilting guide fits on your machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147129[/ATTACH]

susanwilley 01-29-2011 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
And I have a partial set that is 9/16" - it has the binder and hemmers, a narrow hemmer, a quilting foot, quilting guides, a shirring/edgestitcher plate and an underbraider.

They look great Poly! Do you sell parts? How would I determine which size would work for my machine?

Norene B 01-29-2011 09:30 PM

They look great Poly! Do you sell parts? How would I determine which size would work for my machine?

You see the picture where she has the measurement on the shank part of the foot. You measure your foot and that would tell you what size you need for the parts. I checked at our used store today and didn't find anything, sorry. Norene

susanwilley 01-30-2011 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Norene B

You see the picture where she has the measurement on the shank part of the foot. You measure your foot and that would tell you what size you need for the parts. I checked at our used store today and didn't find anything, sorry. Norene

Don't be sorry Norene! You have helped me tremendously already! Thanks for the measurement tip! I'll check that out today!

redbugsullivan 02-03-2011 09:51 AM

This thread is amazing! I've been trying to find info and pics for my Alvah. Other than decorations, it is a match to this. It's in much rougher shape finish wise but seems to be complete except for the shuttle (can it use the Boye #13?), bobbins, and belt. Suggestions for shuttle, needle and bobbin references? I have no manual.

tomilu 02-03-2011 11:47 AM

I have one Boye#14 new needle in the case, if you want it. Boye says to sell shuttle #22 if the #13 is too short. I have a new original 22 if that will help you.

tomilu 02-03-2011 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by redbugsullivan
This thread is amazing! I've been trying to find info and pics for my Alvah. Other than decorations, it is a match to this. It's in much rougher shape finish wise but seems to be complete except for the shuttle (can it use the Boye #13?), bobbins, and belt. Suggestions for shuttle, needle and bobbin references? I have no manual.

According to Boye chart, Alvah takes a #13 shuttle.