Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Latest thrift shop find (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/latest-thrift-shop-find-t274832.html)

DonnaMiller 01-22-2016 12:01 PM

$2 is a great price. Our local guy charges $20 and some charge $30. Keep looking. It saves a lot of money and aggravation.

Cari-in-Oly 01-22-2016 12:52 PM

Nice find!

Cari

sewbeadit 01-22-2016 01:38 PM

Very nice shape, good for you. I rarely find anything at our thrift stores, they seem to be picked over most of the time. SA and GW all have huge prices on their machines.

Sewnoma 01-22-2016 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by barny (Post 7441702)
Sewnoma, my son says those skull ridges on dogs are their smart ridges. We are always telling his dog how smart she is, LOL Barny

LOL! DH and I call it her "speed fin" - it helps her run in a straight line!

Originally Posted by sewbeadit (Post 7441956)
Very nice shape, good for you. I rarely find anything at our thrift stores, they seem to be picked over most of the time. SA and GW all have huge prices on their machines.

This was from a Goodwill, believe it or not! I've found a few machines in the $15-30 range there, which always surprises me. Usually in cabinets, but not always.

Mariposa 01-22-2016 02:57 PM

Wow! Great find!!

Karamarie 01-23-2016 12:33 PM

I love reading about all you gals & guys sewing machine finds. I always thought I did not need or want another machine. I have a Janome 6600 MC Professional and just love it. Also have a Elna 2006. It's a simpler machine than the 6600 and not computerized. So why no I need another one. After determining that I don't need one, just want one I feel like going on the hunt. Husband and I are going to South Padre Island, TX for 6 weeks and we are taking his pickup soooooooooooo that means more room. We are going to stop at every thrift, treasure shop, or whatever and I will keep my eyes open for sewing machines. Of course, I would like the coveted Featherweight but any older Singer would be a possibility. Anyway, wish me luck hunting from Minnesota to the southern most tip of Texas. Will keep you informed if I find anything.

Cari-in-Oly 01-23-2016 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Karamarie (Post 7443047)
So why no I need another one. After determining that I don't need one, just want one I feel like going on the hunt. We are going to stop at every thrift, treasure shop, or whatever and I will keep my eyes open for sewing machines. Of course, I would like the coveted Featherweight but any older Singer would be a possibility.

LOL and so it begins. I hope you have lots of room in your house(or are willing to part with furniture to make room) because once you go down this rabbit hole of finding old sewing machines it's hard to stop. 6 years ago all I wanted was to replace my moms machine that I had given to my DD. 50+ machines later, .....lol.

Cari

Karen Mc 01-23-2016 02:34 PM

Great find! Congratulations!

DavidH 01-23-2016 03:03 PM

I wil not go down the rabbit hole, I will not go down the rabbit hole,I WILL NOT GO DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE-------Where is that hole again!
David

Tink's Mom 01-23-2016 03:46 PM

I have my Mom's Singer just like that one....don't currently use it, but know that I have it. Glad that this one found a good home.