Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Looks like we are NOT going to the Kinetic Carnivale in Willits (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/looks-like-we-not-going-kinetic-carnivale-willits-t229473.html)

miriam 09-05-2013 05:28 PM

I wish you could come and hang out. I betcha most kidos won't hang out long - there are trains to ride, a tractor pull, a craft show, other historical camps and remote control cars and airplanes. Lots for kids to see and do. I'll just be a blip on their radar. But then there might be some I can't get rid of so I have to put them to work. I should take a machine and some Wilbur special oil and let kids oil the machines. I just don't know if there is room to haul any thing more.

owlvamp 09-05-2013 05:28 PM

So sorry Steve.

miriam 09-05-2013 05:33 PM

Can you go for one day then load up and leave?
Can you load them on your vehicle for overnight?
Can you put down (ew) plastic and then a tarp over then put machines on that? I have used fabric backed Naugahyde for a drop cloth and it doesn't have a plastic sound to it but it has a moisture barrier.
Do you have a tent? Around here SCA events aren't all that authentic minded. You might be able to come up with something to protect your machines. You should be able to go and hand sew if nothing else - it would be the most authentic.

miriam 09-05-2013 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I bought out an old sewing machine shop or what ever it was a while back. I had some machines I called the Derelict machines. They were smelly. They sat around doing nothing. They had no tables, no cases - homeless. There was no way to attach a hand crank. Steve, you couldn't even come with ideas for that. They not only did nothing they couldn't do anything - not even move. They are still ugly but with some TLC they do sew. I should rename them something other than the Derelict machines since they don't smell bad now and they do work and they do have some boxes to sit in. And now they don't even have to be naked. I made them shirts...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]434326[/ATTACH]

miriam 09-05-2013 05:49 PM

Please note. The machine under that shirt is a Singer 403 and it has NEVER been derelict or homeless - it is my baby.

barny 09-05-2013 06:01 PM

Steve, what if you hadn't asked for more info? You would be out on the concrete in awful weather and no telling what else. Maybe?

Cecilia S. 09-05-2013 06:08 PM

Miriam, you crack me up! I love the shirt you made for your stitcher. :-)

miriam 09-05-2013 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cecilia S. (Post 6276209)
Miriam, you crack me up! I love the shirt you made for your stitcher. :-)

I made one for each Derelict.

SteveH 09-05-2013 06:33 PM

ok, folks change of plans. WE ARE GOING!!!!

I am opening a new thread to catch attention to the change...

miriam 09-06-2013 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 6276241)
ok, folks change of plans. WE ARE GOING!!!!

I am opening a new thread to catch attention to the change...

good idea since I hijacked this one... sorry...