Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Meet Our New Addition: Pippi Longhandle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/meet-our-new-addition-pippi-longhandle-t267490.html)

Wanabee Quiltin 07-13-2015 05:41 AM

I love my White, hope yours is as good as mine. She sure looks pretty.

Lyncat 07-13-2015 06:00 AM

What a great find! Do you have to turn the handle "backward" like I had to do on my White treadle?

Blackberry 07-13-2015 06:03 AM

White Model 764

1 Attachment(s)
I have a White Model 764 that is nearly like yours. Is the name pippi longhandle the name on the case or is that the name of the machine. As near as I can tell my machine was introducted at the New York World's Fair in 1964.

Sewnoma 07-13-2015 06:15 AM

Nice!! I have seen these online but never in person. I like how the handle is molded right into the body like that. Five bucks, what a score!!

SherylM 07-13-2015 07:38 AM

What a beauty! I'd love to have one of those! The last machine I found at a thrift store was a Brother with way too many parts missing to make it worth my while, but I agree that it's always a good idea to look inside those cases and cabinets. :thumbup:

I use rubbing alcohol to clean old varnished oil and crud out of the inside of my machines before I oil them. Works great - you might want to try it to get rid of the red goo.

Sunflowerzz 07-13-2015 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit (Post 7255194)
It is wonderful, I love that style! Lucky you. It is in such great condition. Your dh did a super job on cleaning it up.

Thank you. He is a keeper:D

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ (Post 7255283)
ohhhh, I love the machine AND the color! Congratulations!

Thank you. Can't wait to see how she sews when all of the goo is gone.

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7255356)
It certainly has an art deco look. Never seen this model before. Thanks for the post.

Oh you are so very welcomed. That was what I thought when I saw my first one. It had to go on the want list. LOL

Sunflowerzz 07-13-2015 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin (Post 7255431)
I love my White, hope yours is as good as mine. She sure looks pretty.

So far it is looking good..

Originally Posted by Lyncat (Post 7255470)
What a great find! Do you have to turn the handle "backward" like I had to do on my White treadle?

No she turns towards you.

Originally Posted by Blackberry (Post 7255476)
I have a White Model 764 that is nearly like yours. Is the name pippi longhandle the name on the case or is that the name of the machine. As near as I can tell my machine was introducted at the New York World's Fair in 1964.

What a beauty they are, yours looks great! The one introduced at the Worlds fair was the straight stitch model I believe. I added the name to the case in my photo editing program...LOL

Originally Posted by SherylM (Post 7255576)
What a beauty! I'd love to have one of those! The last machine I found at a thrift store was a Brother with way too many parts missing to make it worth my while, but I agree that it's always a good idea to look inside those cases and cabinets. :thumbup:

I use rubbing alcohol to clean old varnished oil and crud out of the inside of my machines before I oil them. Works great - you might want to try it to get rid of the red goo.

Yes, I totally learned my lesson! The red goo is so sticky it will take months of softening up to remove it all. All of our machines are cleaned with alcohol and a few other cleaners to get them sparkling inside and out but this poor baby is just too gooey. It can only be done over the long term. She still slows down and has problems as the mess turns more liquid and starts moving, that is when we are able to go in and clean more. But she is worth it.

Sunflowerzz 07-13-2015 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma (Post 7255490)
Nice!! I have seen these online but never in person. I like how the handle is molded right into the body like that. Five bucks, what a score!!

Well, it was $15.00 actually. He gave me $5.00 off, but still a steal at $15.00..I would have paid much much more. But what they don't know won't hurt me...LOL

csharp 07-13-2015 09:34 AM

What a lovely find, I've never seen one before...so thanks for sharing. Enjoy for sure and it's so great you have a hubby that is an enabler.

Sunflowerzz 07-13-2015 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by csharp (Post 7255657)
What a lovely find, I've never seen one before...so thanks for sharing. Enjoy for sure and it's so great you have a hubby that is an enabler.

You are very welcome. Yes, he is very good that way.:)