Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My Friday Saga; Quest to Get a Featherweight (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-friday-saga%3B-quest-get-featherweight-t246933.html)

mike'sgirl 05-18-2014 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady (Post 6721627)
I don't remember what you had to do to get them to moooooooove; waiting them out was not an option, huh?

Just drive slowly towards them. They will move.
Beautiful featherweight, btw.

mandyrose 05-19-2014 02:43 AM

lucky! lucky! you.... love the cows looks like it was feeding time you know how babies are.....enjoy your machines

QuiltingVagabond 05-19-2014 03:20 AM

I love it when the description is so vague, because it ususally means the seller doesn't know what they have. My featherweight came from just such an ad. I think it was "old ornate sewing machine" or something along that line, and bidding was low and light.

amcatanzaro 05-19-2014 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by KLO (Post 6721203)
I have that same problem. Lived out in the country for a while but didn't fit in. Moved closer to town but not in and I find it better but miss the the less traffic, less crowded part of the country. Downsized so now I don't have as much room for these beautiful old machines. Love the red eye but not the pink eyed calf! Hope you find an appropriate home for it. Nice that you finally got the FW you wanted.

Edited: Just noticed .... it looks like that red eye has been motorized? Don't like that idea although at the time it was probably modernized for the sewer. Still, I would certainly take it back to a treadle.

I missed this comment: yes, it's been motorized but the cord is s.h.o.t. and the motor is super questionable to me. The machine had a light at some point but it's gone. I have someone coming to love it/buy and it and they are going to take it back to a treadle.

GreyQ 05-19-2014 04:34 AM

What a fun trip and fabulous machines!

purplefiend 05-19-2014 10:42 AM

I'd keep them both. Do a motorectomy on the treadle machine and put a treadle belt on it. She'll be much happier. :D
Sharon in Texas

CorgiNole 05-19-2014 11:41 AM

Both machines look great. The cows are pretty cool too. Just purchased my first Featherweight from Craigslist - I am the third owner as the seller decided she prefers treadles and needed to move a machine out.

Cheers, K

caspharm 05-19-2014 01:58 PM

Great deal! Wish I lived close. I like the red eye. Enjoy the FW.

KLO 05-20-2014 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by amcatanzaro (Post 6722442)
I missed this comment: yes, it's been motorized but the cord is s.h.o.t. and the motor is super questionable to me. The machine had a light at some point but it's gone. I have someone coming to love it/buy and it and they are going to take it back to a treadle.

So glad to hear all of that! Nice that you found someone to do just what should be done.

amcatanzaro 05-20-2014 04:11 PM

A very nice man just picked it up about an hour ago along with a 127 I haven't touched since it got here last fall.

Woohoo! Down two, time to go shopping!