Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My New Craigslist Find! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-new-craigslist-find-t172383.html)

krista 12-17-2011 08:38 PM

My New Craigslist Find!

4 Attachment(s)
I was looking on Craigslist trying to find my mom a treadle stand when this sewing machine shouted for me to take her home. I was so excited, I looked it up trying to find out what model singer it was. I think it's a Singer 28 or 128 with a brentwood case. I could be wrong. The only thing I was wondering is can I convert it into a hand crank? It has a motor attached but it looks added onto it. If anyone has any info about it please let me know. The model number is G0747487. My husband has now banned me from Craigslist since this will be sewing machine number 5 in two months. I only paid $40.00 for it though. I thought it was a steal! Any thoughts?

Leota 12-17-2011 08:39 PM

$40 is a very good price.
congratulations

quiltingcandy 12-17-2011 08:43 PM

Wow, it has beautiful decals and sounds like a great deal. I am sure you will have no trouble converting it to a hand crank. Does it work if you plug it in?

krista 12-17-2011 09:16 PM

I haven't tried plugging it in. The wires are a little frayed. I was worried it might start a fire. I may be a little paranoid though.

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy (Post 4790495)
Wow, it has beautiful decals and sounds like a great deal. I am sure you will have no trouble converting it to a hand crank. Does it work if you plug it in?

jaciqltznok 12-17-2011 09:26 PM

fab..I would turn her into a hand crank, since that motor and wiring need to be replaced anyway!

krista 12-17-2011 09:45 PM

That is what I was thinking also. I always wanted a hand crank. The wheel turns so smooth.

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 4790571)
fab..I would turn her into a hand crank, since that motor and wiring need to be replaced anyway!

tsnana2000 12-17-2011 09:46 PM

It's a beautiful machine. :thumbup:

pippi65 12-17-2011 10:29 PM

What a beauty!! Ask yourself how many tools does your hubby have? I have many friends whose DH's say the same thing!! But it's okay if they have 3 saws or 5 drills ,etc!! As long as I have room I'm gonna buy them...especially for that kind of price! Great buy.

Teacup 12-18-2011 03:42 AM

Ooh, ooh, I want her! I'd love to have one of those for decoaration for my sewing room. The decals are in great shape. She's too pretty to cover up. I'd have snatched it at that price as well.

chichimamma 12-18-2011 06:59 AM

I just got one like that, mine needs a little refinish on the case and the machine wouldn't run-I fixed that, I got mine for $10- the bottom was even coming apart-thats all glued back now, I also have a White brand in the bentwood case, it sews great!